sharetrader
Page 376 of 1976 FirstFirst ... 2763263663723733743753763773783793803864264768761376 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 19751
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well one week later OCA's share price is $1.06.down 2 cents on my sale price of $1.08.
    In the meantime the SKL I brought at $2.19 are trading up 20 cents at $2.39.
    In hindsight I had great foresight..................up 10% in a week.[well positioned]
    hey percy, if we're looking at short term moves, what if you'd swapped it out into FXL.ASX last week?
    OCA only down a cent on last week- that'll be more than made up in next dividend in about 2 months

percy

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    hey percy, if we're looking at short term moves, what if you'd swapped it out into FXL.ASX last week?
    OCA only down a cent on last week- that'll be more than made up in next dividend in about 2 months
    For an investor like me, Aussie shares offer no imputation credits.Just gross dividends .Flexi is very Flexi.In the past two years the share price has DECREASED from $2.00 to $1.67,while SKL's has INCREASED from $1.39 to $2.39.
    FXL's dividend is the same as OCA's.Just a gross dividend .FXL 7.7 cps and OCA 4.7 cps.
    SKL's dividend is 12.5 cps 50% imputated.Higher yield too.
    Last edited by percy; 08-05-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Banned

Looking at the trading pattern later today I'd say someone is still buying for index purposes, aside from that the price would have closed at $1.04-$1.05. PS-If anyone wonders where the SP is heading over the next while have a rewatch of that old goodie movie Groundhog day.

IMO

Far to many helicopter parents here, havnt you got something better to do then watch your net worth hourly? Take your elderly folks out maybe and buy them a hokeypokey cone etc.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Far to many helicopter parents here, havnt you got something better to do then watch your net worth hourly? Take your elderly folks out maybe and buy them a hokeypokey cone etc.
    Its called multitasking, some of us are quite apt at it.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well one week later OCA's share price is $1.06.down 2 cents on my sale price of $1.08.
    In the meantime the SKL I brought at $2.19 are trading up 20 cents at $2.39.
    In hindsight I had great foresight..................up 10% in a week.[well positioned]
    You sound like a trader with this one Percy. A few cents here a few cents there, possibly a good switch but your attention to the daily prices, the instant responses to any commentary here or on any thread that you own shares, and focus on the very short term price action belies a long term investors perspective. Did you make a bad call buying OCA and just quit for a better option, and was your net result positive on OCA taking into account SP movement, dividends and trading fees?

Here's a T-shirt saying I saw that you might like, "there's two types of people in the world, those that can extrapolate from insufficient information"

percy

Hardly a trader.More a long term investor.
    The outlook for OCA for the next few years ,while the property market remains underpressure, means retirement village operators face headwinds.ie slower sales and lower margins.

At the same time the low NZ interest rates will put pressure on the NZ $.With most of their sales being offshore SKL will benefit from this.and their business is gaining momentum .
    Last edited by percy; 08-05-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Banned

There are two types of traders on here being the frequent and the infrequent. Lol

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    There are two types of traders on here being the frequent and the infrequent. Lol
    Yes, or the impetuous and the patient. Lol.

Been quite a week so far and only halfway through. Lots of NZX shares pretty much shrugged off the 550 point drop in the DOW, some even made some gains, maybe on the back of RBNZ dropping OCR again.

Interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    couts, right on.

None on here are investors per se ......we are all traders
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”