sharetrader
Page 104 of 1973 FirstFirst ... 454941001011021031041051061071081141542046041104 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 19729
    IMO

Maybe we shouldn't say anything on here ehh, why spill the beans, be calm or rational, volume just picks up when about to top up. Silence is golden

...yeh sure, and duct tape is silver

Default bump

Which way will it go? anyone keen to hazard an educated guess
    180 day MA getting very close to moving above above 30 day MA
    Sp looking to break above the 30 day MA, MACD just turned positive on low volume.

Default ummm remember Lion and Kirin

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    So how will that play out? If they dump they will destroy the price. 57% is huge. So assuming they gradually sell into the market, this will cap the price for months and months surely?
    Not so, not at all. Not if its a good business. Remember the management team at Lion years ago selling their own shares to Kirin in the dead of night(in a matter of about 4 minutes) for a massive $5.40. The on market price at the time being far less. Kirin wanted a 45% share of a very good company so it actually put the price UP. As it turned out the Lion leaders that deserted the small shareholders were good riddance as the company flourished without them. But large parcels of good businesses will always be worth real gold. Yet another attraction of this excellent ethical company --so far.

percy

The two new directors Sally Evans and Greg Tomlinson will add good experience to the board.
    Tomlinson really does bring "the owner's eye" to any business he is a director/shareholder in.
    He is a major shareholder and director of HBL,Heartland Bank.
    Last edited by percy; 22-03-2018 at 12:39 PM.

percy

Shareholdernotice today.
    3,504,260 shares Harrogate,ie Greg Tomlinson.A good amount of skin on the line.
    Positive.

Default ummm---- nice !

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Shareholdernotice today.
    3,504,260 shares Harrogate,ie Greg Tomlinson.A good amount of skin on the line.
    Positive.
    Hello Percy. You are sharp. Wow nice one. 3 and a half Mill eh. Oh well, when it gets to $2 he is away with another 3 and a half million. Good work and welcome Mr Tomlinson, now lead on.

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    Hello Percy. You are sharp. Wow nice one. 3 and a half Mill eh. Oh well, when it gets to $2 he is away with another 3 and a half million. Good work and welcome Mr Tomlinson, now lead on.
    Hi Warren. I think the game here is to get it to $3.50 and beyond. 2028... Can't wait to see where I am with OCA then. How quickly it gets to $2 is probably about 4 years from now. That is my estimate. I'm holding, so optimistic of course. It hard to not keep buying at current price. Sold some SUM to fund a relatively decent stake in OCA.

Have to diversify a little otherwise heavy in SUM. Good decision so far. Love OCA also for its dividend. Happy with a steady 4% moving forward. This may fund a Tesla X if all goes well. 0-100 in 4.2 Seconds ... Sure liked it when I test drove one recently... # Ramp of the day. On that matter... wait till operators can get battery systems and better electrical efficiency and the cost of keeping people warm and comfortable decreases, electric trucks... NZ cost of living is a bit ridiculous IMO - Renewable generation potential as far as the eye can see and the kiwi gets shafted by the generator... nasty profit grabbing.

Not for ever though. The options to reduce fixed/variable costs is interesting moving forward with efficient storage. Southland beautiful days aren't bad from behind a glass window, a real fire place to add ambiance, incredible insulation from the damp, with amazing seas and mountain range views.... as a operator I would be putting my money in large parcels of land getting purchased further South and people moving there... New Zealand even in winter is nicer than dozens of other countries... shame about the cost of living for most. Ohhh wait, that is happening with Dunedin growing very quickly, not to mention the educated and capable population.

Have a sweet day investors. The years gotten of to an incredible start

Default Agreed with your observations Foodie.

[QUOTE=Food4Thought;710613]Hi Warren. I think the game here is to get it to $3.50 and beyond. 2028... Can't wait

Hello Foodie.
    Well I agree 100% with you on your points. Yep, Southland/the South is tops--I had hoped a massive oil strike in the Great S. Basin that would turn Southern regions into a Dubai !!! I suspect we will live to see clean water become the next $100 a barrel commodity.
    Yep OCA going good. I really support the 2 new Directors and looking forward to their leadership. Not actually long to May 30 th and the Annual profit figures??
    Last edited by warren; 09-04-2018 at 05:57 PM.

[QUOTE=warren;710647]
    Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    Hi Warren. I think the game here is to get it to $3.50 and beyond. 2028... Can't wait

Hello Foodie.
    Well I agree 100% with you on your points. Yep, Southland/the South is tops--I had hoped a massive oil strike in the Great S. Basin that would turn Southern regions into a Dubai !!! I suspect we will live to see clean water become the next $100 a barrel commodity.
    Yep OCA going good. I really support the 2 new Directors and looking forward to their leadership. Not actually long to May 30 th and the Annual profit figures??
    Not keen for the oil to be pulled from the South of New Zealand... spent too much time out there on the water to respect the incredible power of that Southern Ocean... and cold.... wind... waves... fjords.

I think tourism and making high quality products from food is a major asset to beautiful New Zealand.
    Clean up the farms a bit, make more produce and feed the world. Wait till the boats are electric and generate power as they operate during day time and battery banks etc. The future is exciting

If Shell is pulling back on oil... they have to be on to something.

On the East Coast of Australia, there is now a electric recharge station highway happening. One every 300km... and more appearing every month.

May 30th. Can't wait for the results. I'm happy with slow growth, excellent long term play IMO

I don't want to see clean water get a nasty price tag. I hope it doesn't happen. Yet I know a thing or two about the complexities of water purification, treatment and storage complications. Start bottling that clean NZ rain water coming off those very large OCA roof footprints?
    Last edited by Food4Thought; 12-04-2018 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Water addition

Default Any Knowledge Foodie?

Hello Foodie and Thread followers.

I am so looking forward to May 30th !!. And I'm confident too, but any guess as the OCA performance?

Off topic, but as a good keen Southern man, do you have knowledge/an opinion of/about the most interesting 105 year old Southern company called Scott Technology? Ethics is my single most important company virtue having survived lunatic 1987 and the disgusting Lion Directors' sellout in 1998 and the even more disgusting Finance House crash 2006----(some houses??---took 6 billion into the mist) and sadly observed Enron reach $100+ nz before lack of any ethics bankrupted the appalling mess in 2001.
    Ethics, Ethics, Ethics. Starting and ending point for me. (A wonderful and sobering read is Mr Yates' comments on the Pioneer Maize NZ webpage about his experience rec ethics in his life---About us https://www.pioneer.co.nz/). However business models certainly requires a myriad other factors to succeed and grow.
    Last edited by warren; 13-04-2018 at 10:16 AM.