sharetrader
Page 389 of 1969 FirstFirst ... 2893393793853863873883893903913923933994394898891389 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 19689

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Oh no, one broker (who is very ambitious with their share price target on SUM) has come out with a preview of what they reckon we'll expect... and it ain't that pretty... OCA's 3rd annual report since being listed, and earnings are going backwards they say... I remember some other dog in this sector starting with A never, ever having earnings per share contracting since they listed (and they've been listed far longer than OCA), and yet sum people have much more favorable views of OCA than that dog ARV...
    ironic really, given OCA is not building a very good track record at all, and yet this was number 1 pick on sharetrader for this years stock picking contest and has many rampers, sum of whom then don't like the listed dog that has a better track record

At least forsyth reckon dividend is go increase from 4.7c last year to 4.8c this year... but underlying EPS is going backwards 7% they say

OCA cheap at least
    i was virtually castrated online by the rampers of this stock for even mentioning it was not that good and funny enough some of the biggest rampers are not even that bullish on it anymore. very hillarious
    one step ahead of the herd

On top of the expected OCA result, I am just thinking why Beagle is banned from this forum, while trader_jackson can still be here, constantly singing for ARV?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post
    On top of the expected OCA result, I am just thinking why Beagle is banned from this forum, while trader_jackson can still be here, constantly singing for ARV?
    I'm not sure why Beagle was banned to be honest so I won't speculate, but seeing he is no longer a holder of OCA (unlike myself), I doubt he will be constantly singing praises of OCA...
    Just always found it ironic how he backed, rather heavily at times, OCA over ARV, to the extend of bordering rubbishing ARV (something I don't do, to either SUM or OCA)... despite ARV more clearly than ever before having a better track record (past and present)

might go under $1 today. was not a good report market thinks
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Looking sub $1.00 hmmmmm !

Advanced Member

All in all I think todays results were not as bad as I had predicted. I am happy to keep holding for now, as I believe next years result will paint a more accurate picture of how the business is operating.

I also don't see the elephant dropping shares at these prices in the near future. They may consider offloading a few more when it goes past $1.10 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    All in all I think todays results were not as bad as I had predicted. I am happy to keep holding for now, as I believe next years result will paint a more accurate picture of how the business is operating.

I also don't see the elephant dropping shares at these prices in the near future. They may consider offloading a few more when it goes past $1.10 again.
    Ggcc, I think todays results were quite good. It is just that the headline numbers are not showing the full picture.
    When I understood the comprehensive income and the way new stock gets valued the results are looking a lot better to me.

I think there are quite a few who opine without having read that deep into the presentation.
    Last edited by forest; 25-07-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Veteran novice

I agree, forest. OCA 's been subject to a lot of over-hyping at times - now the pendulum is tending to swing too far in the opposite direction.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I agree, forest. OCA 's been subject to a lot of over-hyping at times - now the pendulum is tending to swing too far in the opposite direction.
    Me too, agree that is.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    You might find, dare I say it, Beagle is not so positive on OCA these days...
    in fact that other place seems to have brought up recently a few things I was concerned about a month or two ago on here
    Warren asked on the 6th of this month where has Beagle gone, I replied to him with this... I wonder where has warren gone?
    Would be interesting to hear his thoughts in these (seemingly) increasingly dark times