sharetrader
Page 624 of 1963 FirstFirst ... 12452457461462062162262362462562662762863467472411241624 ... LastLast
Results 6,231 to 6,240 of 19630

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    Commercial property stocks appear to be the new inflation hedging stocks some only paying now 2.5% the new term deposit and with property prices holding up nicely it maybe you will get your 1.30 after all.
    I thought industrial property was getting all the attention
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Wouldn't get too excited about property prices booming imo crunch may be around Christmas.

Membaa

That 61.8% Fib Retrace is a thing eh @Winner, stalled out again, waiting for some upside positive like the property market Is going nuts, or a COVID second wave and we can again buy up even larger at below NTA again. Patience is a b1tch.

I reckon the most likely outcome is the share price will hang around the 98 cents - $1.05 range for quite a while. Speculators / traders and punters are likely to get pretty bored with that but investors like Mav and I won't care, we're in for the long haul. If we stay Covid free in the community we should see the share price starting to wake up to the prospect of a really good first half, sometime quite late in 2020.

Maybe there will be some insights at the annual meeting on 27 August or maybe there's some in the annual report that arrived yesterday.
    I intend to waddle along to the annual meeting and see what the scones are like. Might even get to hear some more heart warming stories about how the old folks were really looked after in lockdown. This dog might be starting to go soft in the snout / head as I get towards retirement as I am starting to think its not just all about money...and really do enjoy the fact that residents were superbly looked after. Help, what's happening to me lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-08-2020 at 09:15 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I reckon the most likely outcome is the share price will hang around the 98 cents - $1.05 range for quite a while. Speculators / traders and punters are likely to get pretty bored with that but investors like Mav and I won't care, we're in for the long haul. If we stay Covid free in the community we should see the share price starting to wake up to the prospect of a really good first half, sometime quite late in 2020.

Maybe there will be some insights at the annual meeting on 27 August or maybe there's some in the annual report that arrived yesterday.
    I intend to waddle along to the annual meeting and see what the scones are like. Might even get to hear some more heart warming stories about how the old folks were really looked after in lockdown. This dog might be starting to go soft in the snout / head as I get towards retirement as I am starting to think its not just all about money...and really do enjoy the fact that residents were superbly looked after. Help, what's happening to me lol
    Think I'll go all soft & gooey with you Beagle, approaching that timeframe makes you susceptible to such thinking. Just a decent, properly run company that cares about its residents. And that alone will be reflected in the share price too.

Same with Wesfarmers in Aust. They are paying all their employees themselves, no govt subsidies, thru the Covid disruptions in Victoria. One, because they can and two, because it's the right thing to do - giving capitalism a good name after all...
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Quote Originally Posted by Davexl View Post
    Think I'll go all soft & gooey with you Beagle, approaching that timeframe makes you susceptible to such thinking. Just a decent, properly run company that cares about its residents. And that alone will be reflected in the share price too.

Same with Wesfarmers in Aust. They are paying all their employees themselves, no govt subsidies, thru the Covid disruptions in Victoria. One, because they can and two, because it's the right thing to do - giving capitalism a good name after all...
    Yep, right thing to do ,,,,Bunnings getting $27m from NZ govt Covid Wage Subsidies

Spose that’s capitalism
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yep, right thing to do ,,,,Bunnings getting $27m from NZ govt Covid Wage Subsidies

Spose that’s capitalism
    in Aust (SMH) "Wesfarmers is not eligible for the government’s JobKeeper stimulus package as it has traded strongly through the recent lockdowns, so it will pay staff itself."

Not quite the same perhaps, but good enough nonetheless IMO...

Pleasing to see some are coming around to this what I posted a few months ago.

The world in a sorry state today because guru economist Milton Friedman said “the only responsibility of business is to maximize shortterm profits, regardless of the social and environmental costs.”

We’ve got to change that “Maximize short-term profits, regardless of the social and environmental costs” attitude to “maximize long-term benefits for all people and nature.”

I don’t give a stuff what Oceania’s (or any company) short term profits are as long as they work towards creating a better life for all of us in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Davexl View Post
    in Aust (SMH) "Wesfarmers is not eligible for the government’s JobKeeper stimulus package as it has traded strongly through the recent lockdowns, so it will pay staff itself."

Not quite the same perhaps, but good enough nonetheless IMO...
    .....and all this warm fuzzy stuff from them to ‘persuade’ the govt to allow them to open during the lockdown ....their pleas about how essential they are bring tears To ones eyes.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    .....and all this warm fuzzy stuff from them to ‘persuade’ the govt to allow them to open during the lockdown ....their pleas about how essential they are bring tears To ones eyes.
    Bit too cynical for me on a sunny Sat afternoon, but i take your point...