sharetrader
Page 377 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 2773273673733743753763773783793803813874274778771377 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 19415

Default Blue chip

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Hardly a trader.More a long term investor.
    The outlook for OCA for the next few years ,while the property market remains underpressure, means retirement village operators face headwinds.ie slower sales and lower margins.

At the same time the low NZ interest rates will put pressure on the NZ $.With most of their sales being offshore SKL will benefit from this.and their business is gaining momentum .
    Hello Percy. You are sharp and observant so lets review OCA in light of your observations above.
    The big drop in cash rates has already sent investors scrambling to the stocks paying sound dividends and 4--5% is Very sound indeed. Property, yes ,interesting but with 3500 infirm folks $1150 ---$1500 per week, paid by the biggest cash house in town every single month without fail--gee that's gold Percy. And the property --all of it in big NZ cities, is not going to stay "steady' for long as we all know. And the size, 3000 staff. as Winner tells us, means this is no minnow and only going to grow (maybe much bigger). And the leadership --well Earl and Liz and an Industry specific BoD --wow.
    The entry price $1 something!!!!!! geeeez get on board----------- in 3 years it'll be $5 maybe more.
    OCA --What a bargain.

Banned

Hey Warren $5 in 3 yrs means SUM will be $25(Beagle will be happy) and RYM will be a whopping $50. PS-You might be being a TAD optimistic there.
    Last edited by couta1; 09-05-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    couts, right on.

None on here are investors per se ......we are all traders
    Not the right thread, but just a clarification (asking Dr. Google):

investor: a person or organization that puts money into financial schemes, property, etc. with the expectation of achieving a profit.
    trader: a person who buys and sells goods, currency, or shares.
    Unless some of us acquired their shares without buying them (gift, inheritance) and never bought or sold some, we are all traders.

Unless some of us don't want to achieve a profit from our money, we are all investors (though I would argue that even without this expectation we are all "invested").

Shock, horror, we all might be both traders and investors, even if we think the other side is so despicable ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

In case it has been missed

"Today's Reserve Bank interest rate cut - taking the OCR to record low of 1.5 per cent - will reignite New Zealand's housing market, Westpac chief economist Dominick Stephens says,"Mortgage rates have plunged over the past two months, and today's OCR cut will cause them to fall further," Stephens said.
    "We think the consequence will be an upturn in the housing market, starting in the second half of 2019."

Very helpful - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU190...-on-nurses.htm
    The other thing is that after yesterday's interest rate cut a 4.5% yield isn't looking to shabby at all.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Default Blue Chip

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Hey Warren $5 in 3 yrs means SUM will be $25(Beagle will be happy) and RYM will be a whopping $50. PS-You might be being a TAD optimistic there.
    Hello Mr Couta
    Not quite--you are writing from a logical perspective! My somewhat different perspective about stock price suggests to me that , for ex, a WBC stock is unlikely to double to $56 in 3years BUT an undervalued stock of $1 entry point ---well lets see shall we? Again ethics, honesty, accountability, cash flow, affordable growth , sustainability and A team leadership are ,of course vital, to the growing company.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Headed back to $1.00 in my opinion as they're just as susceptible to slow sales as SUM other companies are.
    Another great prediction now looking less likely IMHO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Another great prediction now looking less likely IMHO.
    I called $1.04 last week and it hit that yesterday, I call that the new floor and $1.10 the ceiling for now.

IMO

18/7/14
    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A lot of their sites have low site coverage because up until now many of them only have care centers on them so yes plenty of free land to build on.
    Just a reminder.I guess they still have plenty of Brown fields expansion to go?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    18/7/14
    Just a reminder.I guess they still have plenty of Brown fields expansion to go?
    I reckon about a third completed to date so still plenty to go.