sharetrader
Page 622 of 1973 FirstFirst ... 12252257261261861962062162262362462562663267272211221622 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,220 of 19727

Quote Originally Posted by teabag View Post
    Hi guys
    Can anyone make sense of the Buy/Sell table from ASB for OCA, takenjust before 5pm today - some buyers at $1.09, some sellers at $0.94.
    Is this an after closing aberration of some kind?

Attachment 11835
    It’s how things are done at the end of day ...the closing auction

Start with this from NZX ....and research further if you really keen

https://www.nzx.com/investing/nzx-tr...-a-trading-day
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I read about the underwriting of the dividend reinvestment. Sounded strange to me. Why would that be necessary. Still a relatively small amount. But one thing about a small dividend the SP doesn't move so much when going Ex.

I have been pushing OCA as a long term hold, but have recently had some doubts. Just with the inevitable 2nd wave to come in NZ. Ending of the QE etc. But balancing that with the holding of large amounts of cash, I am really in a quandry as to whether to sell. or hold. Never before have I been in a position as to not knowing what to do. Take a profit or hold for security for the future.

Is it an inevitability and has the possibility / probability ? of another regional or nationwide lockdown already been fully factored into the current share price of some companies and not others....that's the $64,000 question.

Why do the risks appear to have been factored into some companies and not others ? (If you can work that out please let me know the answer).
    My estimate is that on an annualized basis OCA can earn about 9.5 - 10.0 cents per share in ten months of FY21, *(assuming no nationwide shutdown), which puts the stock on a forward PE of just 10-10.5. Why are other retirement companies that bear ostensibly similar Covid risks trading at much higher multiples ?

If one is going to reduce their investment position due to the possible risks of another outbreak some careful thought should be applied as to which of one's shares are more vulnerable and which have a proven track record of being resilient.

One might consider applying "the sleep test" to their portfolio allocations. If something about your portfolio allocations is keeping you up at night then adjust one's investment position(s) until you sleep reasonably soundly. Cash is presently returning almost nothing and there seems little prospect of this changing in the foreseeable future.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-08-2020 at 06:45 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

Haven’t had time to reconcile this yet but on the drip I’ve just got 1.2% more new shares than I had before at a 2.5% discount to market. I love the drip, it’s way more satisfying accumulating shares, than getting a pile of cash dividend that I’d have to figure out what to do with and probably just buy more OCA anyway.

Three problems:

- Occupancy rate is lower (although OCA is improving) , compared with other competitors
    - Resident/Staff ratio is too low, inefficiency. SUM has 5500 residents, 1500 staff. OCA has 3600 residents, 2800 staff.......way to high. What's wrong with the management team? If you look at MET, oh~~~5600 residents with only 1000 staff.
    - All players rush into the premium apartment business model, heavy competition in the niche market

Thanks, decided to hold and if it goes down, will accumulate.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I read about the underwriting of the dividend reinvestment. Sounded strange to me. Why would that be necessary. Still a relatively small amount. But one thing about a small dividend the SP doesn't move so much when going Ex.

I have been pushing OCA as a long term hold, but have recently had some doubts. Just with the inevitable 2nd wave to come in NZ. Ending of the QE etc. But balancing that with the holding of large amounts of cash, I am really in a quandry as to whether to sell. or hold. Never before have I been in a position as to not knowing what to do. Take a profit or hold for security for the future.
    It's natural that after the adrenaline fueled events of the last few months, with things now having settled down somewhat, plus having just gone ex divvy and watching the mayhem unfold in the west island that one might want to take stock (or not, as the case may be) and reassess. Personally, there's nowhere else I'd rather have my money atm.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Haven’t had time to reconcile this yet but on the drip I’ve just got 1.2% more new shares than I had before at a 2.5% discount to market. I love the drip, it’s way more satisfying accumulating shares, than getting a pile of cash dividend that I’d have to figure out what to do with and probably just buy more OCA anyway.
    Same. But we still hold about the same percentage of the company as we did before. So nothing much has changed at all. Agree with Cyclical that I think this is a good long term hold for a MODEST part of my portfolio. But unlike Cyclical, I see better places where I want to have bigger chunks of my money invested at the moment.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Remember your/my 1.2c comes without any imputation/supplementary so we are going to be docked 33%/15% and the dregs buys us our DRiP shares .
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    But unlike Cyclical, I see better places where I want to have bigger chunks of my money invested at the moment.
    I'm all ears, iceman. Please share ;-)