sharetrader
Page 708 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 20860865869870470570670770870971071171271875880812081708 ... LastLast
Results 7,071 to 7,080 of 19574
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Have you gone large on OCA? It’s encouraging that you’re in the sector and endorse the company. I’m so over weight it’s obese, but cest la vie, as you often point out. Etc etc
    No where near as large as I was a couple of yrs ago but would be more than happy to go large again if my money wasnt currently submerged in milk literally. You'll do well here Baa Baa and you can feel good about the high quality level of care the OCA residents receive to boot, cant see RYM or SUM doubling in value from here in anywhere near the time that OCA will.

Been a lot said comparing Oceania’s and Summerset’s CEOs

A great CEO has to be both an angel and a monster ...at the same time. Apparently a rare quality

Maybe that’s the reason SUM valued / rated much more highly by the market.

Something I learnt in a Franz Joseph pub last night
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

A great CEO has to be both an angel and a monster ...at the same time. Apparently a rare quality

Ex RYM CEO Simon Challies was the gold standard, the rest are but followers, Earl is a good man and Cook certainly ain't no angel by any stretch of the imagination.
    Last edited by couta1; 23-10-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Jekyll and Hyde? How many drinks had been served at that stage

I agree with Beagle that 5.00 is attainable but I think it will come within 5 years in an ultra low interest environment ( Future bond issues sub 2.0% ) and extraordinary population growth pressure and property as an increasingly popular asset class.
    Compared to SUM
    MCap 0.86 Bill vs 2.22 Bill
    Div Y under half of OCAs already reduced div
    SUM at plus 112% of NTA OCA plus 45% of NTA
    Sometimes value is hidden in plain sight by subjective and historical preferences.

$5 lol why not $10 haha wish someone would validate this with a free cashflow model otherwise its just blowing hot air
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by WAIKEN View Post
    I agree with Beagle that 5.00 is attainable but I think it will come within 5 years in an ultra low interest environment ( Future bond issues sub 2.0% ) and extraordinary population growth pressure and property as an increasingly popular asset class.
    Compared to SUM
    MCap 0.86 Bill vs 2.22 Bill
    Div Y under half of OCAs already reduced div
    SUM at plus 112% of NTA OCA plus 45% of NTA
    Sometimes value is hidden in plain sight by subjective and historical preferences.
    Good logic / theory there Waiken but two points -

But in this world things weren’t created equal (there always has been and always will be ‘perceived’ unreasonable relativities)

And what’s going to change the long entrenched market preference for large cap growth operators (why RYM and SUM trade at higher valuation multiples than ARV and our beloved OCA)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Trust and respect of the investment community is never "given" its always "earned". Once the market starts to see clear evidence their business model is working the rerating proper, will start. The first hard evidence will be this half's result announced in late January 2021.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

SUM has been good to me, but at over 70% CRT to RYM it's well outside previous high ratios and due for a retrace. So I'm out of SUM and recycled all of it into OCA which I think will do better (multiples) in the years to come.

Expecting a little bit of market volatility in the US until the election which will trickle down into the NZ market. After it stabilises a bit, going to jump in and join the party