sharetrader
Page 292 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 1922422822882892902912922932942952963023423927921292 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 19415
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yes that's the point of difference, OCA's smaller much more affordable care suites that people need. SUM other retirement companies are not so well positioned with predominantly larger units being made on a lifestyle basis if people want them and only if they can get what they want for their house. RYM even worse off massively exposed to the rapidly declining Melbourne market and on a forward PE of more than double OCA. Either of those two would make a good short (in my opinion) for anyone looking to hedge their OCA sector exposure.
    Anyone selling their house in Melbourne should be able to buy TWO [or more] Ryman units.

PS Craigs research today have upgraded OCA to BUY with a target price of $1.24.
    Last edited by percy; 30-01-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Anyone selling their house in Melbourne should be able to buy TWO [or more] Ryman units.
    Sorry Percy I find that very difficult to accept at face value. Perhaps you could provide some evidence to support your contention such as the average price of a RYM unit in the suburb in question and the average price of a house in said suburb. The normal ratio is about 75% unit to house and if the value of the house has declined 10% the margin is getting thin for said discretionary choice.

This was certainly not the case for my parents nine years ago with the RYM facility at Orewa. The price of a nice 2 bedroom unit was almost exactly the same as their stand alone two bedroom home. To suggest that RYM's units are dirt cheap as a blanket statement compared to the surrounding suburbs is not something I have seen as being a realistic claim.

Good that Craigs can see the wood for the trees. What's their rating on RYM and SUM if you don't mind sharing ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-01-2019 at 10:57 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Veteran novice

Yes that's the point of difference, OCA's smaller much more affordable care suites that people need. SUM other retirement companies are not so well positioned with predominantly larger units being built on a lifestyle basis if people make the discretionary choice to choose them and only if they can get what they want for their house. RYM even worse off as being massively exposed to the rapidly declining Melbourne market and on a forward PE of more than double OCA. Either of those two would make a good short (in my opinion) for anyone looking to hedge their OCA sector exposure.
    What!

Surely there's no need to hedge one's exposure to OCA?

I hold - from the IPO.

percy

Good that Craigs can see the wood for the trees. What's their rating on RYM and SUM if you don't mind sharing ?
    RYM,"Core" "Neutral" target price $10.55
    SUM."Supplementary" "Neutral" target price $8.10.

PS.I do not remember any broker "being right" in this sector.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    RYM,"Core" "Neutral" target price $10.55
    SUM."Supplementary" "Neutral" target price $8.10.

PS.I do not remember any broker "being right" in this sector.
    Lol your right there, that SUM target must be a 3 yr one.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Lol your right there, that SUM target must be a 3 yr one.

......like the OCA one
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ......like the OCA one
    No mate the Couta ratio says OCA already worth $1.24 relative to the SUM closing price, SUM really only worth around $5.20 currently in that case.

is this the end of oca , sum rym arv and met profit grab , probably half there stock prices if it gain traction i reckon

A new retirement village operator is promising residents capital gain on their units

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/110...on-their-units
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    is this the end of oca , sum rym arv and met profit grab , probably half there stock prices if it gain traction i reckon

A new retirement village operator is promising residents capital gain on their units

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/110...on-their-units
    LOL Halve their value...more Bull from the bear.
    The devil will be in the detail. You can't get something for nothing. I would expect their weekly fees will be a lot higher...people have to pay for the services one way or the other. I bet the directors of OCA, RYM, SUM ARV and MET are quaking in their boots lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Another VHP Vital Healthcare Property Trust type "management control" fiasco in the making.