sharetrader
Page 443 of 1963 FirstFirst ... 3433934334394404414424434444454464474534935439431443 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 19629

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Macquarie Bank is dumping as they know the MET takeover euphoria will not last for OCA.

OCA is a typical Macquarie structured investment - buy a few unrelated assets in an industry, put in heavily incentivized management (as in millionaires' factory), load the investment vehicle up with debt, put in some 'creative' accounting and then, sell down to the eager punters out there.
    First time contributor but long time appreciator of all of this forums many informed contributors!

I totally agree with your sentiments re Macquarie (burned by Feltex and observed many similar instance since), Balance. So, I was very hesitant, when I bought into SUM, some years ago, when there was still the Macquarie overhang with SUM.

I did buy - and it's gone very well. Can anyone tell me (honest question) how this situation is any different - except for the obvious that they are different companies? Thanks.

Disc; Own just a few - that owe me about $1.15.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Some reckon doing the opposite to beagle is a good strategy
    Except he seems to generate a bit of momentum on here, can't exactly avoid him and his well analysed opinions.
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Davexl View Post
    Guess my Gutometer needs work. Beagle has analysed the hell out of OCA and ZEL which were 2 of my conviction picks. One for the full-range care offering and the other for the dividend. Clearly need to dig under the hood a bit more and avoid Macquarie anything and try to identify the dividend traps better.
    We never arrive, we are always learning but at the end of the day you must follow your own convictions not someone else's. Long term OCA will do okay for those patient enough to hold and collect a small divvy along the way, ZEL ain't going away in a hurry and as long as you bought it at the right price then I cant see why it cant be a long term divvy hold.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    We never arrive, we are always learning but at the end of the day you must follow your own convictions not someone else's. Long term OCA will do okay for those patient enough to hold and collect a small divvy along the way, ZEL ain't going away in a hurry and as long as you bought it at the right price then I cant see why it cant be a long term divvy hold.
    Stuck with OCA for a while now and ZEL has near term CAPEX challenges and I am recycling capital for dividends to live off month to month. Not quite well enough off yet to hold for divs over the long term except in Aust. Problem in NZ is no liquidity so always a challenge to recycle capital. But do enjoy a punt once in a while, wish I had liquidated my OCA at $1.36 as you mentioned but missed the boat...Still - always new opportunities coming up, always plenty more to learn...
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Veteran novice

Any guesses as to the strike price? $1.20 is only the underwritten number and the underwriters will be looking for a bit more to avoid their commitment

NB. OCA deniers needn't participate!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Any guesses as to the strike price? $1.20 is only the underwritten number and the underwriters will be looking for a bit more to avoid their commitment

NB. OCA deniers needn't participate!

Brokers are charging their normal brokerage.

Quote Originally Posted by wilco View Post
    First time contributor but long time appreciator of all of this forums many informed contributors!

I totally agree with your sentiments re Macquarie (burned by Feltex and observed many similar instance since), Balance. So, I was very hesitant, when I bought into SUM, some years ago, when there was still the Macquarie overhang with SUM.

I did buy - and it's gone very well. Can anyone tell me (honest question) how this situation is any different - except for the obvious that they are different companies? Thanks.

Disc; Own just a few - that owe me about $1.15.
    Summerset had nothing to do with Macquarie - Quadrant PE fund was the principal shareholder.

Guru

Always wondered who and why the S P was pushed up from early Dec when it was in the low $1.05's ( IMHO where it still belongs) and from the old BIL share play book now can be bought @ $1.20ish, now is that a wise bet in this market ?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Summerset had nothing to do with Macquarie - Quadrant PE fund was the principal shareholder.
    Thanks. Yes - my bad (memory). Stiil, I think al PE's have the same MO.

Quote Originally Posted by wilco View Post
    Thanks. Yes - my bad (memory). Stiil, I think al PE's have the same MO.
    Welcome to the forum. I think its pretty clear that Quadrant lost big time when they floated and sold down SUM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine