sharetrader
Page 335 of 1961 FirstFirst ... 2352853253313323333343353363373383393453854358351335 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 19604

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    I'd probably be in more of a mood to swap my OCA shares for your chainsaw at the moment!
    Everytime it looks like there might be a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel someone dumps another truckload of shares over the entrance.
    No doubt it will turn around one day ... but at the moment it is a big red blot on my portfolio.
    Theres been a few big dumps of SUM as well. Someone rebalancing? (or shuffling the deckchairs)

Veteran novice

Very strong day on the market today, my entire NZ portfolio is green! No, wait, there's OCA, down a cent.

But not to worry, it's a long term hold.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Very strong day on the market today, my entire NZ portfolio is green! No, wait, there's OCA, down a cent.

But not to worry, it's a long term hold.

retirement sector hasnt been doing very well last 6 mths odd
    one step ahead of the herd

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    retirement sector hasnt been doing very well last 6 mths odd
    Yeah, but it has done well in the past and will continue to do well in the future, it has fundamental drivers that few if any other sectors have. It’s times like this that value investors quiet accumulation happens in preparation for the inevitable future appreciation and sustained earnings. I love these lulls in the market for my long hold portfolio, instead of lamenting a short term sentiment it’s the time to build a long term future.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 29-03-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Yeah, but it has done well in the past and will continue to do well in the future, it has fundamental drivers that few if any other sectors have. It’s times like this that value investors quiet accumulation happens in preparation for the inevitable future appreciation and sustained earnings. I love these lulls in the market for my long hold portfolio, instead of lamenting a short term sentiment it’s the time to build a long term future.
    Nicely said. A real disappointment for the year to 31 March 2019 but often one finds one years disappointment is one of the following year's top performers. Was tempted to get a few more today but no hurry because of Macquarie's overhang.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-03-2019 at 11:57 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

OCA acends to $1.03 (but later retreats).........." this shall be a day long remembered" - Darth V
    Last edited by Maverick; 01-04-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Nicely said. A real disappointment for the year to 31 March 2019 but often one finds one years disappointment is one of the following year's top performers. Was tempted to get a few more today but no hurry because of Macquarie's overhang.
    Have they stopped dumping their overhang, or are they just lulling the punters into a false sense of security before tipping the hoist on their dump truck once again?

Banned

It looks like the overhang is done...now the tide is slowly turning around....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    It looks like the overhang is done...now the tide is slowly turning around....
    Wrong there is no less overhang since the last Macca placement at $1.10.

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Have they stopped dumping their overhang, or are they just lulling the punters into a false sense of security before tipping the hoist on their dump truck once again?
    I don't think there is any evidence or indication that MacQuarie is selling their shares into a weak market ... If they would, they would need to issue SSH notices for every 1% they sell.

If (and I think this is a big IF) anybody is playing games, than it is more likely big institutions who want to keep the price for the next placement low.

But than - why don't we just accept the price as it is? Markets are filled with thousands and thousands of irrational beings called humans. Why would we than expect the market as a whole to be rational? As well - why would we want them to be rational? If they would than there hardly would be any opportunity to drive a bargain on the share market - wouldn't it?

A successful investor would recognise and exploit such opportunities offered by an irrational market and have afterwards the patience to wait until the market realises its folly ;

Obviously - the markets might as well be right - in this case OCA shareholders would sit on a (roughly) $1 share producing a nearly 5% dividend. Now - how terrible would that be? ;

Discl: holding a large parcel ... and in the black ;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 02-04-2019 at 10:26 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)