sharetrader
Page 703 of 1969 FirstFirst ... 20360365369369970070170270370470570670771375380312031703 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,030 of 19689
    Guru

surely the market is going to do what the markets going to do and everything that is recorded from that is just an historical classification.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    surely the market is going to do what the markets going to do and everything that is recorded from that is just an historical classification.
    i thought you used 'runtime dynamic accounting models'

it would be interesting to know what that actually means coz I have no idea, and I would expect to given I'm qualified and experienced. so if that statement is meaningless to me I would guess it is to a lot of other people as well. Given you have a lot to say sometimes it would be interesting for you to elaborate on what they are and how they work . Also it may contribute something useful to others.... start another thread maybe.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    do you think they would committ funds without having absolute assurance that the other position is closed though. could end up with massive egg on face and overexposed to the sector.

isnt that what happend with the early takeover - people banking on it, and major egg.
    I think that's right. The takeover was never a done deal until it is and with the objector removing their objection yesterday, OIO approval and takeover panel approval, the High Court approval this morning for the MET scheme of implementation agreement should effectively become a simple rubber stamping exercise.

Institutions are unlikely to have committed resources to other stocks in this sector (and other sectors), until at earliest confirmation the takeover is confirmed or until they have the financial proceeds through which I understand is scheduled for 3 November.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-10-2020 at 10:33 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

MR M may well uses runtime models for OCA. Most people here use them with data taken from FA. You wont be familiar with the term if your not the snow cat who seems to know his runtime from his binary compiled.

Runtime refers to software that is macro or runtime driven such as models in say excel with has a runtime engine as apposed to a binary optimizing compiler.

In that regard MR M appears to have although no one has seen it a comprehensive model based on published information from the published company accounts and forward projections.

MR M models may well be runtime if produced in a non compiled software data format with runtime formulas.

Those models are the ones people would love to see a presentation on i for one would pay to see a professional presentation of OCA. An independent presentation not one from the company at an AGM.

Another person who is a qualified professional here is MR B who is a registered ACA Accountant i am assuming. His computation models would also be of great interest on OCA.

data models projecting EPS are the what the market is really interested i think.

DISC: private investor in tech developments relating to runtime language software engines.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 20-10-2020 at 10:46 AM.

so its a spreadsheet? do you have to hit F9 ? or is that the dynamic part.

I must admit it sounded a bit fancier than that.
    Last edited by peat; 20-10-2020 at 10:50 AM.

Guru

your electronic calculator is dynamic...

but what im getting at here is that MR M has done the hard yards prehap with both his feet (visiting sites), his brain , putting all that information gathered from many sources into a dynamic model and i think here in NZ it termed doing the MAHI? apologies to the locals if that is the wrong term.

Going forward investor sentiment and i know we have been drawn back to this stock based on his contributions making us look at this stock again after selling out.

His model may well be dynamic. The data stored in one format that is changeable and inter changeable in an XML format to be reused in various forms by assorted software services. Yes MS Excel or google docs use such formats. One hopes he has used a model like this.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 20-10-2020 at 11:07 AM.

my beef is Waltzing whatever (your nick doesnt make sense , does it have a spelling error in it? ) that your esoteric black box spreadsheets dont actually help anyone here make sense of anything and yet you had the gall to criticise my reference to centuries old trading methodologies. just saying .... and of course its a free world so do what ever you want - post what ever you want - but it does get to me how people criticise/ridicule methods they dont understand but are never explicit enough with their methods to be constructively critiqued.

so in other words , and I use this expression light heartedly (hope you can see this) 'put up or shut up'

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

This thread is becoming surreal, I love it.

I would put a picture of a Snow Leopard sitting on a golden beach eating popcorn by the bucketful whilst reading the OCA thread but the google search function has let me down.

Some people need to go find their own beach without internet for a few days.
    Back soon.
    om mani peme hum

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    This thread is becoming surreal, I love it.

I would put a picture of a Snow Leopard sitting on a golden beach eating popcorn by the bucketful whilst reading the OCA thread but the google search function has let me down.

Back soon.
    Sometimes off topic is so much more interesting/educational and enjoyable, I mean who really cares that OCA holders are going to double their money over the next 2-3 yrs.
    Last edited by couta1; 20-10-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    True dat
    I know, I've had too much coffee and experiencing a lot of stress so am over-reacting somewhat.

There was another big forum I used to hang out on in the first decade of this century (music and party related - so lots of crazy mf's) that became a bit like reddit with massive trolling and wind ups - so I've seen a lot in the past - here , today isnt really anything that outlandish but enjoy the popcorn.

Disclaimer sold a third now