sharetrader
Page 1974 of 1974 FirstFirst ... 974147418741924196419701971197219731974
Results 19,731 to 19,735 of 19735
    Membaa

That is imo disingenuous redefining standard accounting practice of calculation of NTA. From page 35 on the 31 March 2023 Balance Sheet, Total Assets (=Assets minus Liabilities) was $962,260,000 / 724,154,779 shares on issue is $1.32 NTA per share. Today it's reported as $1.40 NTA per share (NZX).

People can by all means make up their own valuation formulae, but redefining standard accounting practice of calculating NTA isn't helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    That is imo disingenuous redefining standard accounting practice of calculation of NTA. From page 35 on the 31 March 2023 Balance Sheet, Total Assets (=Assets minus Liabilities) was $962,260,000 / 724,154,779 shares on issue is $1.32 NTA per share. Today it's reported as $1.40 NTA per share (NZX).

People can by all means make up their own valuation formulae, but redefining standard accounting practice of calculating NTA isn't helpful.
    Hi Baa_Baa, I'm not redefining anything.
    Value is helpful, NTA with the accounting method used is not helpful as a form of value in this instance.
    The market doesn't obviously value the accounting NTA and rightly so.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jagger View Post
    You can argue semantics, fact is it's a benefit doled out by WINZ.
    And the great irony is people who moan most about people getting hand-outs from the state are collecting cheques that are even more unnecessary every week too.
    https://figure.nz/chart/2eIStXKBWssxMIze

The only thing more distasteful about paying it is the current recipients rationalising and being offended by anyone correctly calling it out for what it is.

Heh, that 'one day' is guaranteed to come before, or at least conveniently be timed to coincide with my generation retiring.
    Bill English even mooted a date in 2040. Conveniently after the most pandered generation in history are safely across the line.
    I have no problem with those folk who have paid NZ income tax at the top marginal rate for decades receiving a non-means tested superannuation. I am in favour of the more stringent requirements for NZ superannuation for those who had spent decades of their working life abroad.

The generations after the boomers may well be the first in a long time to be poorer than their elders until some of them then become the wealthiest generation as they start to inherit the boomer wealth, unencumbered by any transfer tax in NZ. For some they may then be able to buy a house. However many of the kiwi millennials may already be in OZ as they are giving up on getting ahead in NZ in the meantime. So the inherited NZ wealth may end up benefiting OZ to a large extent.

However in the meantime wealthy NZ boomers means a good potential market for Oceania’s offerings.
    Last edited by Bjauck; Yesterday at 05:46 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    All of the arguing on here is exactly why I would never consider living in one of these Villages.

From an investment point of view. I will invest at rock bottom prices. OCA is not at the bottom yet as this cycle still has time to run.
    I am not sure why the arguing on this Sharetrader thread would put you off living in An Oceania village. I often visit an Oceania village and have never seen the residents shouting at each other from their doorsteps hiding behind masks! The worst I have seen are several complaints from residents in the reception book, stating they had been waiting for a week for the maintenance manager.

Visit Oceania’s villages yourself and have a look at the quality of the units and public amenities.
    Last edited by Bjauck; Yesterday at 06:05 PM.

Oh dear, Warriors lose to bottom placed Titans, who hadn’t won a game all season. Warriors now 3 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses. Fans a bit disappointed with todays result but keeping the faith …we’re a great team and have the goods to go whole way. This is our year. The year will end on a high.

Oceania had a bad week as well with share price down 3% ..one of worst weeks in recent times. In spite of some bad publicity and a few detractors the loyal fans are like Warriors fans keeping the faith and in adamantly defending the company and expressing their confidence in the future prospects and that’s it only a matter of time before the share price moves up strongly.

To a casual observer these comments on social media seem to sum up the Warriors - and the way Oceania is going probably sums them up as well.

Wahs looking like a side believing too much of their own hype, thinking things would just happen for them. They’re not working hard enough

The warriors would have to be the most disappointing team in Australian/NZ sport. So much talent but continue to disappoint. Is it an attitude problem? To many key players going missing when it gets tough? [

It seems this may not be our year after all …for both Warriors and Oceania

But keep the faith …UP THE WAHS and GO OCEANIA
    Last edited by winner69; Yesterday at 07:32 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”