sharetrader
Page 238 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 1381882282342352362372382392402412422482883387381238 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 19574
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    People might take you more seriously if you knew how to spell they're.
    Are we policing spelling and grammar now?

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    market dont care if you can spell , only that your right
    You're probably right in that respect. Please fill your boots and short some more at $1.11 as I am on the bid for a small top up and more than happy to accommodate you.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Are we policing spelling and grammar now?
    No we ain't - and we are taking a few deep breaths and almost magically - we are finding ourselves feeling more tolerant and generally nicer - less inclined to be hard on ourselves and each other.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The market is often wrong, in the short term I trust it about as much as a bull in a China shop.PS-It was a great buy at $1.18 and even better at $1.11.
    Neighbours bowling club mates thought it was a great buy at 121 but now don’t think it was so great

Along with their growing losses on some of Turners they didn’t sell they think the market is against them. Not been a good month or so for them
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Neighbours bowling club mates thought it was a great buy at 121 but now don’t think it was so great

Along with their growing losses on some of Turners they didn’t sell they think the market is against them. Not been a good month or so for them
    Lets be fair ... market was not nice to anybody the last month, though - my bonds and my property funds did sort of o.k. - ish ;

Maybe your neighbours bowling club mates should ask themselves whether the sharemarket is the right investment vehicle for them? I guess there is always the good old savings account ... better to gain 2% instead of loosing 20%!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Lets be fair ... market was not nice to anybody the last month, though - my bonds and my property funds did sort of o.k. - ish ;

Maybe your neighbours bowling club mates should ask themselves whether the sharemarket is the right investment vehicle for them? I guess there is always the good old savings account ... better to gain 2% instead of loosing 20%!
    That’s the sad part ..... term deposit money chasing divies with a higher yield divies and surefire capital gains. I keep telling them there’s no free lunch but the herd says it fine no worries.

Like the finance companies going broke and costing (older) investors billions of dollars I reckon billions will also be lost when this new way of making money doesn’t work out. Many punters out there doing it and they just don’t understand the risks.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Veteran novice

Winner, you'd better tell the neighbour's bowling club mates that the Oceania game is a bit longer than a season or two - but I guess they know that now!

IMO

Off market trade with them? man talk about gullibility.

Advanced Member

That’s the sad part ..... term deposit money chasing divies with a higher yield divies and surefire capital gains. I keep telling them there’s no free lunch but the herd says it fine no worries.

Like the finance companies going broke and costing (older) investors billions of dollars I reckon billions will also be lost when this new way of making money doesn’t work out. Many punters out there doing it and they just don’t understand the risks.

With the greatest respect Winner, conflating investing in those particular reckless flimsy Finance companies, with investing in well run award winning organisations in the retirement sector (this is the OCA thread) with huge property & intellectual assets, exponentially increasing demand, sound financial oversight, etc etc is a wee bit of a stretch!

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Someone is up to the usual tricks of holding the price down. Chunky sellers (no doubt the same entity) with 2 blocks of sells on at $1.13 and $1.14 in the standard 50K parcels. Seen this movie many times now.

As Winner would say ..."no worries."... It will all work its way out once they have achieved whatever it is they are after (next MAQ sell unload?). It's too easy for them in the pre Christmas low turnover. Just wish I had more dry power for these and HLG @ $4.10.
    Last edited by Maverick; 12-12-2018 at 03:09 PM.