sharetrader
Page 307 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 2072572973033043053063073083093103113173574078071307 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 19415
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i thought ocienia care suites were there with the purpose of you have care as your needs increase. always be downtime cause when can you plot when help is needed
    Required staffing levels for the care suites are known at any given time and it is up to the facility manager to police things which leads me to another area a rogue manager can cost the company big time, that is when the occupancy level drops and they dont reduce staffing accordingly(That's why they have a certain level of flexi staffing)

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Lets have a facetious response why don't we. Have you considered that some people on here have knowledge of how OCA is running their operations. There are prescribed staff to resident ratio's and management need to stick to a disciplined formula and remember their responsibilities to shareholders and maintain tight discipline.
    Its all too easy to say we're investing in our staff and other such feel good PC platitudes and look like you're doing a good job when you're not. Good disciplined staff to resident ratio's and disciplined control of all costs and good care, are not mutually exclusive things.
    One thing I really like about Julian Cook is he has plenty of mongrel in him when it comes to cost control. I admire that.
    Yeah right , tui. Go for the money everytime.Imagine your family putting you or a loved one in that situation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yeah lets do it. i was in a dementia ward the other day up to 13 residents and 1 caregiver trying to get them all to the table sit them down and give them lunch, stress all round, yep great place to put your beloved and grow the s/p same time. Lets do this!
    That situation is outside of the 10:1 ratio.PS-If you dont like the ratios you need to loby the Govt, up till now they won't set them because they know they will have to cough up with more funding for the sector.

Do ordinary Oceania staff have shares under a staff share scheme?

Not including the zillions the execs have.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Do ordinary Oceania staff have shares under a staff share scheme?

Not including the zillions the execs have.
    That's a no.

Membaa

What's this about, the two strongest advocates for OCA suddenly, out of the blue, post some fearsome concerns. Please explain. Why bring this up right now? Is this really a problem? Has it emerged lately or is it more systemic?

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    We need to see cost controls kicking in with this company, wages to revenue ratios pulled into line through cutting back on overstaffing in certain areas and allowing workers to clock up too many unnecessary hours(Migrant workers will work every hour possible) I reckon the board who are all substantial shareholders need to set the tone here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Cost control simply hasn't been good enough. Total expenses up from $81m last period to $101m this half on only a $4m increase in revenue is not good enough. The company would have made a $3.2m loss if it were not for a $4.5m tax credit the NBR was calling into question the other day.
    Earl needs to seriously lift his game with cost control within the company and remember his primary role is to maximise shareholder profits. Toughen up man.
    Strict cost control is absolutely essential if this company is to be built into one that's widely respected in the investment community.
    Or are both of you short OCA and hoping for lower prices? What's up. (as whatsup would say).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    What's this about, the two strongest advocates for OCA suddenly, out of the blue, post some fearsome concerns. Please explain. Why bring this up right now? Is this really a problem? Has it emerged lately or is it more systemic?

Or are both of you short OCA and hoping for lower prices? What's up. (as whatsup would say).
    It has emerged since the latest result(Beagle and I had a good discussion about it and felt the same way)yes it could become systemic if not addressed. PS- Still a strong advocate with the same XXOS sized holding.PPS-Can you even short OCA shares?
    Last edited by couta1; 07-02-2019 at 07:53 PM.

I've had a lot on my mind lately, as you know Baa Baa. I have been mulling over OCA's very complicated financial statements in between other challenging concerns.
    Coutts and I had a phone discussion about this today and we both have concerns about cost control. On thorough review the financial statements suggest this is a genuine issue and Coutts has his sources confirming the same. All other aspects of the business are going very well.

I don't short stocks and to the best of my knowledge neither does Couta1. We both hold heaps although full disclosure I have trimmed my position a bit lately. (I may yet buy a proper brand name European car and am preparing for that possibility). I don't want the SP to go down but sometimes a message has to be sent and you think some of the directors might read this forum ?

Anyway this is not the start of some new campaign of mine, I've said what I felt needed to be said, trimmed my position down a bit and that's it. Its up to each person to make of the financial statements what they will.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-02-2019 at 08:00 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

I reckon if a shareholder has a serious concern, they should address it directly to the company, ST is not a reliable comms route to listed companies consciousness. Copy us plebs here if you feel it warranted, enough said in the meantime, thanks both of you for responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I reckon if a shareholder has a serious concern, they should address it directly to the company, ST is not a reliable comms route to listed companies consciousness. Copy us plebs here if you feel it warranted, enough said in the meantime, thanks both of you for responding.
    I did very recently and got a satisfactory and prompt reply from Earl Gasparich but that was to just one question about the other expenses category. I will reserve judgement on how costs will affect future profitability until I see the full years accounts and get a chance to ask some searching questions at the annual meeting later this year. In the meantime I retain a significant investment position in OCA.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-02-2019 at 08:14 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine