sharetrader
Page 487 of 1976 FirstFirst ... 3874374774834844854864874884894904914975375879871487 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,870 of 19751

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    What kind of unnecessary things?
    When the dust has settled there will likely be more visitor screening, stricter staff requirements, more health checks. Not saying any of that makes sense, but a good crisis usually results in more regulation.

If its another announcement of lower numbers testing positive for Cov19 here in NZ, then I foresee a big run on this stock.
    Never mind the tragedy in the US if it looks like we are getting control here then cashed up people (some of those who have just received their govt. payments - $4,200 for laid off part-timers, $7,200 for laid off full timers - are probably going to be tempted for a better return than it sitting in the bank at 1. 3%...
    Last edited by youngatheart; 30-03-2020 at 11:34 AM.

What time do the Cov19 numbers usually get released?

Usually at 1.00 pm.

As someone working in a rest home, I doubt this. More likely, everything will just gradually go back to normal and everyday complacency will settle back in. Just as it will with most of us as individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    When the dust has settled there will likely be more visitor screening, stricter staff requirements, more health checks. Not saying any of that makes sense, but a good crisis usually results in more regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    If its another announcement of lower numbers testing positive for Cov19 here in NZ, then I foresee a big run on this stock.
    Never mind the tragedy in the US if it looks like we are getting control here then cashed up people (some of those who have just received their govt. payments - $4,200 for laid off part-timers, $7,200 for laid off full timers - are probably going to be tempted for a better return than it sitting in the bank at 1. 3%...
    VERY early days in this bear market. All the talk by economists appears to be heading towards this being worse than the GFC. I expect a significant hit to real estate prices.
    OCA should weather this storm the best of this sector but it could be a very severe event. I don't think the dividend is likely to be maintained at the previous level during this GFC MK2. Far to early to be overtly bullish in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-03-2020 at 11:51 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Look at America - they are absolutely rooted. Heck even with our lockdown which is extreme by world standards, who knows if in 4 weeks things will be looking better, that is totally unclear. There was 60 people partying last night in Queenstown. All it takes is ONE person to undo the work of a nation.

Let alone places like the US where they run riot if anyone infringes on "muh rights" to liberty, freedom and guns. If the US goes down the world does, just the way it works no matter how well we are faring here.

Advanced Member

From what I'm hearing in Health sector, they're expecting a peak in about 10 days (possibly 1 of several) from all the people arriving back into the country from overseas who are now in self isolation. So we should expect increasing numbers in the coming days but should look at them in that context. i.e big difference between this and community spread from existing cases which would be much more alarming.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    This post has nothing very little to do with OCA, but I feel this particular thread has attracted a smarter / positive crowd compared to some of those dominating the on more appropriate threads.

FWIW, I talked to 2 of my kids with over the weekend and as a result they switched their KiwiSaver from "balanced" to "growth" funds.

For any oldies here , it took 2 tick boxes and 1 minute.
    Without doubt this "ease of switching" has partially contributed to the panic selling we saw last week (OCA diving to 40cents��) .
    Anyway just sharing in case other parents on this forum also think this a good idea.
    I've been in cash for my KiwiSaver for almost 2 years as have been expecting a correction for some time...obviously that decision cost me dearly last year, but only now are the markets back to the sort of levels at which I pulled out (when I thought things were overpriced), so the questions I keep asking myself are...is the economy in a worse state than 2 years ago? And if so, does the market reflect that? Like Beagle, I think we still have a long way to go...downwards. Having said that, for FOMO, I may consider putting a portion of my KiwiSaver into something more aggressive soon, to cover my bases.

Advanced Member

There seems to be upward momentum on Oceania. Will we find directors buying many more shares and may this be at least a rise to IPO