sharetrader
Page 488 of 1975 FirstFirst ... 3884384784844854864874884894904914924985385889881488 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 19742

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    From what I'm hearing in Health sector, they're expecting a peak in about 10 days (possibly 1 of several) from all the people arriving back into the country from overseas who are now in self isolation. So we should expect increasing numbers in the coming days but should look at them in that context. i.e big difference between this and community spread from existing cases which would be much more alarming.
    If we manage it as per how China is then the returning Kiwis will not effect community spread. They extremely enforce 14 day isolation and as such yesterdays 47 cases are all known and in isolation - if we can get to that efficiency level (we won't) then the climb in numbers will be managed well and will drop off and not effect community spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinesekiwi View Post
    If we manage it as per how China is then the returning Kiwis will not effect community spread. They extremely enforce 14 day isolation and as such yesterdays 47 cases are all known and in isolation - if we can get to that efficiency level (we won't) then the climb in numbers will be managed well and will drop off and not effect community spread.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-pos...ovid19-cluster

Already 7 clusters identified - be spreading like wildfire out there amongst the community.

Sad but reality government should have acted earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinesekiwi View Post
    Sorry this is off topic,
    But, the Chinese government probably managed this disaster the worst compared to any other countries, not to mention when it first originated in China (or when we first start hearing it), the government tried to conceal everything and charging the doctors for spread of misinformation which I regard as crime against humanity (hundreds of thousand people will be killed at least who would not have been killed if it wasnt for this virus). They make the same mistakes over and over like a communist country. What happened then? The virus spread like a wildfire, doctors getting killed, people who raise voices (being doctor or journalist) disappearing, possibly covering up newer infection and death tolls and so on. So can you really believe what that communist government is saying at all? I found anyone who ever praise the chinese government in this are Chinese people only I come across. I find this really interesting.
    I work in health sector and it has been one of the worst weeks ever, I fear this will get worse and worse globally for sometime at least.
    Last edited by misterx; 30-03-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Membaa

The market optimism at the current share price, forecasting no further risk, seems overly optimistic to me. It’s only just beginning. Another private rest home today tests positive a staff member. I’m hanging onto my cash in anticipation of better buying later rather than sooner.

Off topic - deleted
    Last edited by Balance; 30-03-2020 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Really?

China definitely & unquestionably handled the outbreak initially with all the finesse of an overweight butcher doing a ballet dance, but the drastic actions they subsequently took have not only worked but gave the rest of the world time to prepare - which as we have seen with the US, Italy, Spain, Australia & NZ (the two stooge countries of the US), these countries squandered the time given.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...he-coronavirus

The writer of the article and members of the WHO (especially the observation team from the US) who praised China’s efforts are non-Chinese or Chinese?

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...ther-countries

Yes, now I do admit I might have exaggerated a little and surely not all Chinese people will think the same way under the supreme leader. This is totally anecdotal, however, from my experience, seeing from my Chinese friends and colleagues, many Chinese people do feel very much so proud of their country, sometimes too much for things which can be debatable. It almost feels like an inferiority complex since the country itself developed so quickly in short period of time. Perfect example is this COVID19.

They should now have much experience on infectious disease breakouts (remember SARS?) but they still let this happen by making same mistakes. I remember WOH criticizing heavily on China concealing and covering up the disease which is now almost 20 years ago. So much more people have suffered and passed with COVID19 today and what does the Director-general of WHO do? goes travel to China just to praise what the country is doing disregarding all of their unethical and inhuman ways of covering this up not mentioning any of the virus's scientific origin too, which is fine because how to deal with the problem is more important. By the way, the head of the WHO is well supported by the Chinese communist party and is how he became appointed.

When I read those articles, it gives me feeling of more negativeness and uncertainties of the government because if there is any possibility of their reports of containment is false (which is possible given their communism characteristic and past record), and if you take that bit out, are they really praising, it should be completely opposite. The country is using extreme measures (using guns, refusing to diagnose and treat people to meet the standard of 0 new patient and giving up on certain patients who have low chance of survival by putting them in a bag and cremating them alive) and privacy breach everyday. Imagine being watched where you are and what you do every single minute.

As much as I would like to believe their success stories with the COVID19 from the Chinese government, all they care about is their image to the outside world and blame others for the virus, I would not bet my money on it and surely not my life.
    Last edited by misterx; 30-03-2020 at 09:32 PM.

??? I'm struggling to find how this is relevant to OCA...

China definitely & unquestionably handled the outbreak initially with all the finesse of an overweight butcher doing a ballet dance, but the drastic actions they subsequently took have not only worked but gave the rest of the world time to prepare - which as we have seen with the US, Italy, Spain, Australia & NZ (the two stooge countries of the US), these countries squandered the time given.

That is a very positive view which I admire and is somewhat true. However, their intention was not to give us the time which could have been a lot more if they hadn't covered it up in the first place and ignored all the warnings. It was when they finally found out that this thing can spread like wildfire and it can kill. Look at some of those European countries and the US. Nature is that, people don't care until it actually hit them hard as they do not want to be behind economically. And also because people get false reassurance into thinking this is just like flu, only about at least 10 times worse when you look at South Korea's stat.
    Last edited by misterx; 30-03-2020 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post

That is a very positive view which I admire and is somewhat true. However, their intention was not to give us the time which could have been a lot more if they hadn't covered it up in the first place and ignored all the warnings. It was when they finally found out that this thing can spread like wildfire and it can kill. Look at some of those European countries and the US. Nature is that, people don't care until it actually hit them hard as they do not want to be behind economically. And also because people get false reassurance into thinking this is just like flu, only about at least 10 times worse when you look at South Korea's stat.
    Yep, I don't think it would have made a great deal of difference to most countries if they'd known about it 1 or 2 months earlier. Most countries have been in denial (no we can't subject our people and economy to those restrictions, it's just a flu) and it's been mostly a joke until people start popping off left, right and center, at which point it's too late and you realise you don't have the medical resources, even though you've had 2 months to gear up for it. Human nature. NZ has been afforded some luxuries other countries haven't, and yet it's questionable if we've acted quick enough and if enough of us are serious about it...I guess we'll soon find out.

Sorry, more off topic. OCA seems to be holding up well in the 60s.

I'm not so sure real estate prices will take such a big hit,after the GFC prices in Auckland began to surge,I'm not saying that will happen now,but there must be many kiwis returning home now from overseas who realize that NZ is possibly the best place to be at the moment.Also where to people park there money now?Many will see the markets as too risky now and you get nothing at the bank....just a thought