sharetrader
Page 254 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 1542042442502512522532542552562572582643043547541254 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 19415

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    A hole in the ocean to pour money into.
    The hole may be lined with a variety of materials - wood, GRP, steel, ferrocement - but it has three principle dimensions - length, breadth, and debt!

I own altogether too many boats nevertheless, but there are snapper and scallops in the channel, and kingies round the buoys.

We have takeoff ....the share price rocketing ahead
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    A boat? I heard from somebody who should know that this is the fastest method to burn money ...
    Better buy some more OCA shares - they pay dividends and the SP will recover ... eventually;
    I once saw a brass plaque on an old wooden launch with the inscription...wish I'd taken more notice at the time but it read "A boat is a hole in the water into which the owner tips all their spare money" I can confirm from first hand experience this is an outright lie. You will also tip a VAST amount of money in that isn't spare lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I once saw a brass plaque on an old wooden launch with the inscription...wish I'd taken more notice at the time but it read "A boat is a hole in the water into which the owner tips all their spare money" I can confirm from first hand experience this is an outright lie. You will also tip a VAST amount of money in that isn't spare lol
    Depends what type of boat it is. My 6m aluminium Surtees boat with a Yamaha 2 stroke on the back has cost me very little, pretty much bomb proof. I guess it's a different story when you've got a 20 metre gin palace parked up at the Viaduct eh Beagle lol.

Quote Originally Posted by IAK View Post
    Depends what type of boat it is. My 6m aluminium Surtees boat with a Yamaha 2 stroke on the back has cost me very little, pretty much bomb proof. I guess it's a different story when you've got a 20 metre gin palace parked up at the Viaduct eh Beagle lol.
    $50k sitting on the trailer, service yearly at $2-300., depreciation. Anchor warp is getting old and the trailer needs new bearings, Bloody sounder on the blink and I need a new GPS anyway. Oh and the flare package has expired, and while I'm in Burnsco, I'll just have a look at the new knife jigs!
    But I digress!

ALWAYS WEAR A LIFE JACKET .....we want you to get home safely
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    $50k sitting on the trailer, service yearly at $2-300., depreciation. Anchor warp is getting old and the trailer needs new bearings, Bloody sounder on the blink and I need a new GPS anyway. Oh and the flare package has expired, and while I'm in Burnsco, I'll just have a look at the new knife jigs!
    But I digress!
    Ha ha I just bought a new fish finder/chartplotter Lowrance HDS-7 Gen3. It's absolutely superb especially the free Navionics charts. The fish haven't got a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by IAK View Post
    Back in the day before I went OTT I had a Stabicraft 759 and with hindsight it was a really awesome sea boat. Ugly as sin but stable as anything and that's what counts ! I have my eye on one of these one day...they look like they can handle themselves pretty well...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXpgvfwlHco No matter how rich we think we are going to get in the long run with OCA there's one indisputable fact that should never be forgotten...you can't take your money with you when your time is up so you might as well enjoy some of it before you get too old !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXpgvfwlHco No matter how rich we think we are going to get in the long run with OCA there's one indisputable fact that should never be forgotten...you can't take your money with you when your time is up so you might as well enjoy some of it before you get too old !
    Truer words were never spoken.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Hmm I appear to have been bitten by the top up bug and OCA is now my largest holding... I must confess to feeling a tad anxious about this when a Bear with sharp claws, no relative of mine, may be on its way if not already here and some are saying cash is king...