sharetrader
Page 101 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 51919798991001011021031041051111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 19415

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    I am sure manipulating the market to that extent ie the seller and the buyer being the same would be illegal. At least I hope it would be.
    Totally, as is swelling sell or buy sides with fake orders. But proving nefarious thoughts is difficult, and nobody gives a buck about it. Ggcc, you're doing your head in with conspiracy theories. It's simply moving with sentiment in general across the market(s)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Totally, as is swelling sell or buy sides with fake orders. But proving nefarious thoughts is difficult, and nobody gives a buck about it. Ggcc, you're doing your head in with conspiracy theories. It's simply moving with sentiment in general across the market(s)
    Yeah I think I have just been overthinking. Oh well long term I hope this to be a gem

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Yeah I think I have just been overthinking. Oh well long term I hope this to be a gem
    "The market" is like asking a bi-polar business owner the price of his business as you want to buy it.
    When he has had a few good days of great sales he wants the world for it.
    After a few bad days,when sales have been down,the bank manager wants the overdraft reduced today,and a major supplier has said they will not supply any more goods until the account is brought up to date,the owner will just about give you the business.!!
    So as investors we must look past the good days ,and the bad days, and see what we value the business at.
    In OCA we appear to have a company in a sector with strong tailwinds for the next 20 to 30 years.It has a strong chair person,with capable directors,so is well directed.Management are focussed.The business plan of age care,together with redevolpment of their old villages makes sense.They also see the opportunity of upmarket units.The business has the financial strength to see their projects finished. The business is showing they have shareholders interests at heart by starting to pay dividends.To me the current share price is a good opportunity for a long term investor to buy at.
    Last edited by percy; 05-03-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Default the Wonders of life and the path forward to Prosperity.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Now you couldn't get a better summary than that.
    I have just had a nap and awoke refreshed and full of the wonders of Life and keen to relay the reasons for my profound joy to my fellow forumists.

A new Prime Minister rising to be a full International star---- Wait til there 2 or 3 infants waddling around Parliament and we'll see what a star really is. Slow to rush, reasoned, young, female and certainly not stale.

A very capable human reviewing the NZ taxation system and sensibly calling for submissions---done properly it will set the tone for huge financial prosperity for NZ.

And the final joy ----OCA at 97 cents??? On target for 84 Million Net and assets of 1 Bill+. On target for year dividend of 4.2--4.5 cents per 79 cent share (indeed 97 cent share) and Liz leading our company forward. Oh the wonders of life.
    Last edited by warren; 08-03-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Advanced Member

96 cents and still dropping. Glad that I don’t have money to spend otherwise I would have bought on the falling knife.

Default Value Value Value

96 cents and still dropping. Glad that I don’t have money to spend otherwise I would have bought on the falling knife.
    Hello Ggcc. Well I see it 100% differently. I see it as fabulous in that I have money to buy when I see fantastic value and I have the confidence to do so but each to his own eh and nothing wrong with money in the bank----- who will lend it in turn to businesses to operate and to expand, adding wealth to the shareholders. This was a 79 center already on task to net 84 million in its 1st year!! Already passed 1 billion in assets, already passed 3200 staff, already facing a tidal wave of demand, already on task to pay ME 4.2---4.6 cents per 79 cents (+ depending) and you are worried about a few cents. Fair enough too sir but I don't think this is your game Old Chap.

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    I have just had a nap and awoke refreshed and full of the wonders of Life and keen to relay the reasons for my profound joy to my fellow forumists.

A new Prime Minister rising to be a full International star---- Wait til there 2 or 3 infants waddling around Parliament and we'll see what a star really is. Slow to rush, reasoned, young, female and certainly not stale.

A very capable human reviewing the NZ taxation system and sensibly calling for submissions---done properly it will set the tone for huge financial prosperity for NZ.

And the final joy ----OCA at 97 cents??? On target for 84 Million Net and assets of 1 Bill+. On target for year dividend of 4.2--4.5 cents per 79 cent share (indeed 97 cent share) and Liz leading our company forward. Oh the wonders of life.
    Please keep up your relentless positivity, the SP needs your help.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Default only when its deserved

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Please keep up your relentless positivity, the SP needs your help.
    Only when its deserved Mr Beagle and I mean it. I have seen thieves and scoundrels untold in NZ business. I have seen them utterly wreck my Grandfathers company, the Bank of New Zealand. to the point of bankruptcy. I am merciless in condemning bum companies and bum operators and high in my praise of good honest, ethical operators who do things, build real businesses and employ real people.

Banned

As you are probably aware, i don't mind catching the odd falling knife, which I did this arvo with this stock, some falling knives are well worth catching.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    As you are probably aware, i don't mind catching the odd falling knife, which I did this arvo with this stock, some falling knives are well worth catching.

Glad that my fingers are bleeding and my holding is growing. I'm making good use of this falling knife.