sharetrader
Page 112 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 12621021081091101111121131141151161221622126121112 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 19415
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    I do think similar thoughts Ggcc. There are similarities in this share to shares I purchased 10+ years ago. Often I sold out too early.

DYOR and enjoy the fun & challanges of putting your cash into operations you don't control yourself ...

You don't want to be left wishing the governement will look after your pension and retirement plans. Investing in various ways is one way to boost your wealth for the short and up to long term.

OCA IMO can do a lot of good for a kiwi company, operating in New Zealand. I value that and it is another reason I happily invested in OCA, keeping NZ money, in NZ
    Not religious but, Amen on those thoughts!!

I've been buying as much as I can afford in the last few weeks in the 90's. I see this as a realistic 50% + return in 12 months

Default Fully agree with your view . Really interesting and Time will tell rather than me.

\
    Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    I've been buying as much as I can afford in the last few weeks in the 90's. I see this as a realistic 50% + return in 12 months
    I note OCA has 1443 care units in the pipeline. That is a very big cash flow stream of possibly close to $450 mill.I am not certain of prices of these suites outside AK and ,of course, this will take some years. (indeed hopefully the growth in care of all types will long outlast me!). With OCA's super record and ability to care for the unwell, infirm etc the suites will, of course, bring ever increasing care and hospital type work, need ever increasing staff and will generate income. Managed carefully, accounting for every dollar, free of thieves(which have plagued my investment history both in my business life and in NZ public companies), developing 1st class staff in every area. I fully accept OCA has competition and good competition too---- so much the better to learn,aim high and deliver. And having Liz leading OCA is worth another bill.

OCA has "Stable revenue from “needs-based”care service which underpins our dividend payments with Regular “annuity-like” DMF earnings from the village activities" taken straight from Macquarie Conference Investor Presentation

Doesn't "Annuity" mean an inflation adjusted pension income!!!
    I'm going out to buy some more.

Looking ahead to FY19 I have these on a dividend yield of 5.5% based on 5.5 cps, the mid point of their payout range 50 - 60% on underlying earnings of 10 cps. (No imputation credits at this stage but there could be later which would be a good bonus on top of that 5.5%). Paid pretty well to enjoy seeing your capital grow.
    Lower risk than some of the others in the sector too due to more care based business and a much higher percentage of future developments already having resource consent.
    Forward PE only about 10. Once they prove up their business model and we get rid of the private equity overhang this once could fly !
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-05-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Some big numbers and back to the 99-100

warren bought them all

anyway, lets see if that clears the current overhang out or not

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    warren bought them all

anyway, lets see if that clears the current overhang out or not
    Just another 327 odd million to go, should be cleared by tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Just another 327 odd million to go, should be cleared by tonight.
    Agree fully that Mr market awaits news on the Macquarie holding of course. But I personally have no worries. 1 Billion assets in good stuff ? Highly profitable in its 1st year with much growth ahead and good people, very good people in place.

I see that Xero is, after 10 years, possibly on the way to posting a small dividend.

"Having accumulated $334.8 million of losses over the past decade, Xero posted its first positive earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation of $26 million in the year on a 38 percent gain in operating revenue to $397.7 million and a 34 percent gain in subscriber numbers to 1.39 million".

Not for me folks.
    Last edited by warren; 11-05-2018 at 10:00 AM.

What's up with the sudden surge in volume on both OCA and ARV?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tipsy View Post
    What's up with the sudden surge in volume on both OCA and ARV?
    Mr Market probably realising just how dam cheap they are?!