sharetrader
Page 116 of 1961 FirstFirst ... 16661061121131141151161171181191201261662166161116 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 19602

Lawstudent thanks for the link to the informative article.

I would like to see a global analysis on the desirability and realistic expectation that will happen to New Zealand. A result of immigration into New Zealand. There are some positives in the future that are not accounted for.

Once migration is through a few hurdles of people who have arrived in the last say 5 years their family members can be sponsored etc. Many variables to consider.

New Zealand as a retirement destination etc. Increased expectations by the ageing population. New norms.

Default huge totally huge numbers

Wow close to 2 million shares in this small NZSX company sold dropping with a 2.....2.9 % return due in, roughly the next 6 weeks giving the big boys a 13% annual return. I cannot understand this as it defies logic. Anyone got a logical answer as I would very much like to learn more.
    The price has nothing actually to do with my interest, rather its the remarkable numbers sold forgoing this profitable time period just ahead. Mr. Market is famous for being sane but!!!!!!
    Last edited by warren; 16-05-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Balance date is 31 May. They will report in late July. The dividend is unlikely to be paid before late August.
    Your best guide to likely final dividend date is to extrapolate out 6 months from the interim dividend payment date which was on 20 February 2018.
    I personally don't think a modest dividend due in late August has any effect on the SP now and is unlikely too until such time as the dividend is formally announced in late July.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-05-2018 at 05:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    Wow close to 2 million shares in this small NZSX company sold dropping with a 2.....2.9 % return due in, roughly the next 6 weeks giving the big boys a 13% annual return. I cannot understand this as it defies logic. Anyone got a logical answer as I would very much like to learn more.
    The price has nothing actually to do with my interest, rather its the remarkable numbers sold forgoing this profitable time period just ahead. Mr. Market is famous for being sane but!!!!!!
    I think you mearnt to say, Mr Market is famous for being insane, which it is.

Default agreed in retrospect

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I think you mearnt to say, Mr Market is famous for being insane, which it is.
    Yes Mr C I do agree------- but Ben Graham said it was nearly always accurate but, with ability and insightful research, it WAS just possible to find bargains!!!! M thanks chaps .

The way the property market has been performing of late the embedded value Oceania say they have is now heaps more than shown in the interim report.

Resales in H2 will pick this up in underlying earnings

Because of this and if the number of sales is a bit higher than expected (double whammy) that $50m odd underlying earnings will be smashed ...maybe by up to 10% more

And the share price collapses today ...just a blip ....be over $1.10 next week on way to $1.30 plus. The market still be roused from a period of uncertainty
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Mr Market offering a great deal on OCA shares right now, should one choose to accept it.
    Because these low prices won't last long... surely

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Mr Market offering a great deal on OCA shares right now, should one choose to accept it.
    Because these low prices won't last long... surely
    Can't be such a great deal and no big rush to take it up --- although today was a bit busy but that was probably instos playing games

The likes of you t_j are letting the team down ...why aren't you and your believers buying heaps more --- needs somebody to create the illusion of demand

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Can't be such a great deal and no big rush to take it up --- although today was a bit busy but that was probably instos playing games

The likes of you t_j are letting the team down ...why aren't you and your believers buying heaps more --- needs somebody to create the illusion of demand
    Yes we need the illusion of demand because right now we have the illusion of people wanting to get out
    Clearly those people selling today didn't know what they were buying/holding in the first place or something

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Yes we need the illusion of demand because right now we have the illusion of people wanting to get out
    Clearly those people selling today didn't know what they were buying/holding in the first place or something
    Could be profit taking by a lot of those who bought at the IPO a year ago ....been patient but seen the price go nowhere since it got to a buck last July/August and have just given up ....But cashed in a decent 12 month return.

They may be the clever ones after all.