sharetrader
Page 117 of 1963 FirstFirst ... 17671071131141151161171181191201211271672176171117 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 19623

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Could be profit taking by a lot of those who bought at the IPO a year ago ....been patient but seen the price go nowhere since it got to a buck last July/August and have just given up ....But cashed in a decent 12 month return.

They may be the clever ones after all.

It's sure been in a wee bit of holding pattern for a while now..

Oh well, I bought a few on today's dip.

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    It's sure been in a wee bit of holding pattern for a while now..
    Sure has - almost 8 months of going nowhere

Could say a flat trend

Trends generally only get broken / change by ‘shocks’ (something that isn’t normal or happened previously). If that doesn’t occur the ‘trend’ / status quo remains

Wonder what the ‘shock’ to break Oceania out of it malaise will be? ...and when?

Recent announcements have done nothing ...too mundane .... all expected ....it needs a ‘shock’

The market is not insane as some say.

This is not technical analysis ....rather a discussion on what makes trends change.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The filly has a shiny coat, is well groomed and well proportioned but the fact is there's no real conviction to pay more than a buck per share.
    I really don't see that sentiment changing much until the majority owner has decided what they want to do with their stake.
    People can bleat and moan and shoot the breeze all they like but until we see the results in late July I doubt it will make much if any difference.
    Thankfully late July is only a couple of months away so the impatient don't have all that long to wait now.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-05-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Not sure what all the moaning is about.

These shares went up in a year from 84 cents to $1 and paid a 4 cent dividend along the way.

That's roughly a 24% return in a year, 30% if you hold since IPO (just some days more). Not too shabby - and actually this share has the potential to do the same trick again and again and again.

I am quite happy to wait and expect in the decades to come a similar return from this share - year after year. And this will be absolutely independent from any big shareholder buying or selling or whatever - it is just the performance of the company which counts long term.

Not too worried about the market doing its thing and to overlay some oscillations - at the end its the long term trend which counts ;

Seriously - why would anybody worry whether the SP is today at 98 cents or at 103? Who cares? Any other investor out there?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Yes BP, one more here - read my previous tip sheet

BlackPeter - a young novice here and I agree with your statement. I am a long-term investor in my approach to shares and property. Although I only stumble through the financials with my basic knowledge, the point which made me jump on this and get involved in the IPO is the tidal wave of retirees in the next 1-2 decades (I guess a macro view to our urn shape population). The leadership of the board seems good, and a track record of delivering projects on a budget (correct me if I'm wrong), also the units and buildings they build are pretty fantastic and seem to be winning alot of awards (I follow them on Facebook and get posts about once per week on recent activities in the units).

Would be great if someone has the time to help me a question I have after reading a few of the posts in the past 1-2 days. OCA is partly owned by another company - who holds a large stake, substantial I guess. What impact would it have on the OCA if the other company was wanting to get out, also why would the other company want to get out, results have been great to date.

Winner69 - what makes you think the price is going to lift in the next 1-2 weeks just out of interest.

Thanks in advance, and please keep all the comments coming. Its great to learn.

Can't wait for Winners response to this...

Guru

Straight back to that bigly $1.02 with nobody selling till $1.03 - no worries
    Looks like yesterday was no more than an illusion of people wanting to get out

I personally are looking for about 30% p.a. for the next 5 years at least. 25% capital and 5% divvy give or take a percent or 2. I think BP is totally right. Regardless of the overhang and how they deal with it post result the worst that can happen is a short window of buying opportunity - the best is steady as we go with 30% returns year in year out. I got as much as I could at listing and have bought 6 more tranches up to $1.03 and will keep on buying at these prices