sharetrader
Page 129 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 29791191251261271281291301311321331391792296291129 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 19415

Quote Originally Posted by Lawstudent05 View Post
    Anyone able to do a screenshot of the buy/sell wait list?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawstudent05 View Post
    Anyone able to do a screenshot of the buy/sell wait list?
    OCA screenshot

Attachment 9722

Thanks Team,

Interesting indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    F4T Im not a trader on NZX stocks like some on here are , and plan to hold these awhile hopefully, from IPO. I have learnt that pump and dumps happen all the time everywhere. One example buy up big , get set on a stock before its results, then spruik it up , promote it pump it up, then sell just before results and move on to your next one. It happens a lot and if folks on here dont believe or know this they are naive to put it politely. From time to time i will refresh this tactic as i have in the past, when i see a rave up happening as a caution esp to newbies.

There are Investors and traders on here,with very different agendas.
    Fair enough. I am also not a trader (I would say that wouldn't I). I am long term focused as I have many years before official retirement age ... 30+ years to go. I don't have time to trade and find it a bad way to increase nervousness. Too much of a gamble.

I started investing when I was 16. Instead of putting a majority of job earnt cash into toys I did term deposits, bought some share, made some money, lost some money... etc.

This OCA has me excited and after now easily doubling from SUM others. .. I am enthusiastic and optimistic about OCA. Even if it stagnated some time. Dividend and long term. Banks are pretty useless these days with term deposits and safer investments. Crypto is not something I can be bothered with.

I like what I see. Did the same with CHA, RYM, 42Below, THL (curse my sell!), PBL, GXH, HBL, AIR, and a few others. Good fun. Got burnt a few times RBC, RAK, PGW (double curse my sell) (GFC, the big fear generator - taught me a lesson or 2), yet those times are turning into less and less frequent as I have changed strategy and noticed time has often been the best indicator with lower avg returns and better long term outcomes. Graphing potential. Brand reception. Demographics. ... global situations.

Supply and demand. New Zealand. To me, what I notice... ownership is what all the big players are getting out of those impatient or provoked selling too early and not waiting for their fruits to mature.

Also interesting to ponder who and where the next merger and buy out will be. ... health care hasn't had much buying up from what I see... it'll only be a matter of time. Australia often likes to buy out Kiwi brands and companies. ...because Kiwis generally do it better. Poor Macpac got bought up recently.... fair enough for the owner if he is going to live life and enjoy the sacrifices with running a successful business.

Happy weekend people... I am a even happier holder. Better get back to cofinement

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    Fair enough. I am also not a trader (I would say that wouldn't I). I am long term focused as I have many years before official retirement age ... 30+ years to go. I don't have time to trade and find it a bad way to increase nervousness. Too much of a gamble.

I started investing when I was 16. Instead of putting a majority of job earnt cash into toys I did term deposits, bought some share, made some money, lost some money... etc.

This OCA has me excited and after now easily doubling from SUM others. .. I am enthusiastic and optimistic about OCA. Even if it stagnated some time. Dividend and long term. Banks are pretty useless these days with term deposits and safer investments. Crypto is not something I can be bothered with.

I like what I see. Did the same with CHA, RYM, 42Below, THL (curse my sell!), PBL, GXH, HBL, AIR, and a few others. Good fun. Got burnt a few times RBC, RAK, PGW (double curse my sell) (GFC, the big fear generator - taught me a lesson or 2), yet those times are turning into less and less frequent as I have changed strategy and noticed time has often been the best indicator with lower avg returns and better long term outcomes. Graphing potential. Brand reception. Demographics. ... global situations.

Supply and demand. New Zealand. To me, what I notice... ownership is what all the big players are getting out of those impatient or provoked selling too early and not waiting for their fruits to mature.

Also interesting to ponder who and where the next merger and buy out will be. ... health care hasn't had much buying up from what I see... it'll only be a matter of time. Australia often likes to buy out Kiwi brands and companies. ...because Kiwis generally do it better. Poor Macpac got bought up recently.... fair enough for the owner if he is going to live life and enjoy the sacrifices with running a successful business.

Happy weekend people... I am a even happier holder. Better get back to cofinement

Hi
    I have been to the OCA Browns Bay construction site. It was really awesome, beautiful beach front site and it made me decide to keep the share at least 5 years or more no matter what. It seems most of the other retirement shares grow up x2 or x3 for the time-frame of 3-5 years. Happy OCA holder.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tuaman View Post
    Hi
    I have been to the OCA Browns Bay construction site. It was really awesome, beautiful beach front site and it made me decide to keep the share at least 5 years or more no matter what. It seems most of the other retirement shares grow up x2 or x3 for the time-frame of 3-5 years. Happy OCA holder.
    I have been keeping an eye on this as well, and - like several of OCA's villages - it, although small, was well run, well regarded, premium spot and a target for bigly redevelopment - it was one of the reasons I brought at IPO.
    Let us not forget I was one of the few on here that have been genuinely positive about OCA since day 1, many others have jumped on the bandwagon since then!

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I have been keeping an eye on this as well, and - like several of OCA's villages - it, although small, was well run, well regarded, premium spot and a target for bigly redevelopment - it was one of the reasons I brought at IPO.
    Let us not forget I was one of the few on here that have been genuinely positive about OCA since day 1, many others have jumped on the bandwagon since then!
    How could we forget, t j ?

I've been there with you!

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    give that man a medal ......but then again if everybody was a 'genuinely positive' as tj he wouldn't have got his bargain shares at 79 cents or whatever it was

let us not forget
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    give that man a medal ......but then again if everybody was a 'genuinely positive' as tj he wouldn't have got his bargain shares at 79 cents or whatever it was

let us not forget

Pays to do your SUM's carefully and work out who which horses have pedigree breeding. No question they had to float this company very cheap just on a year ago to attract enough interest but the consequent effect was you could buy SUM other companies for a bargain price at that time as this float sucked the wind out of the incumbent players sails. SUM up 50% from ~ $5 a year ago and has been the outperformer of this sector over the last year. Was a rough 2017 though with it hitting a low of $4.60 in November 2017 which really tested some people's resolve.

Looking ahead OCA the dark unproven horse of this field now though for 2018 / 2019 and trading on (rough guess on my part seeing as 31 May 2018 results haven't even been released yet) a FY19 underlying PE of about 10-11 it looks quite cheap. If they can prove their business model and the outlook all looks good there's plenty of scope for possible strong sector outperformance in the year ahead.

Disc: Hedging my bets for the year ahead by trimming SUM a little recently and reallocating to topping up my investment in OCA. Just about a bob each way now although I still have a preference for well proven performers.

If we can get rid of that overhang and everything goes to plan, OCA might be the one having a turn in returning 50% for shareholders in the year ahead.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-06-2018 at 05:28 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Isn’t it likely the overhang will just become another overhang

I don’t think this perceived overhang is holding OCA back at the moment .....probably a few punters with too much time on their hands thinking too much .....and maybe looking for a reason why the share price is not rocketing ahead
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”