sharetrader
Page 155 of 1974 FirstFirst ... 551051451511521531541551561571581591652052556551155 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 19733

.... if this share price increase carries on... may be the first time I am involved in a "speeding" ticket I am happy about...

Can't wait for the news stories/research to come out

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well at 9.45 am this morning when I placed my buy order "at open", it looked as though I would be paying $1.12 per share.In fact I ended up paying $1.15.
    Happy at that.
    You've used up the house money and taken out a mortgage for this?. Good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post

EPS growth of 53% would indicate 6.3% gross forecast dividend yield for the year ahead which would make any leveraged position taken using a first mortgage self funding...just saying.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

What are you saying that im right and you are more right lol

So now RYM, SUM and OCA have been reported accordingly. Do we think the 10:5:1 ratio still applies?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yes just about used up the old house money.Most probably now have the most boring portfolio I have ever had,with reasonable holdings in EBO,GNE,HBL,MCK,MEL,OCA,SPK and TRA.
    Still have a few fun ones as well,PAZ [usx.co.nz],ALF,ERD,IKE and RBC.
    Mortgage...No,I have been debt free for over 30 years.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

This result couldn't be better. The reason in my mind that the Pe is quite Low is the learned mistrust in private equity listings. Today's result clearly demonstrates moderately increased actual results (on forecasts) and on future growth too that the company is showing it can grow on its own two legs. This result shows Macquarie has not dressed up a dog to flog off.

As as far as the 58% overhang goes, I can't see why Macquarie would either sell at this price or sell at a discount. Surely selling a controlling stake sells at a Premium? Happy to be corrected by the lawyers and accountants out there but I thought people paid extra for control? I would.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Makes yesterdays buyers who had the goulies @ $1.09 look top of class this morning .
    Yesterday's buyers had a 50.50 chance of being right.
    Today's buyers have a 100% chance of being right.
    For me that is a no brainer.

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes just about used up the old house money.Most probably now have the most boring portfolio I have ever had,with reasonable holdings in EBO,GNE,HBL,MCK,MEL,OCA,SPK and TRA.
    Still have a few fun ones as well,PAZ [usx.co.nz],ALF,ERD,IKE and RBC.
    Mortgage...No,I have been debt free for over 30 years.
    Surprised you dont have SUM there. Cant wait for the day I can be mortgage free

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post
    So now RYM, SUM and OCA have been reported accordingly. Do we think the 10:5:1 ratio still applies?

I'm going to go out on a limb here, (a very very short one because I know the answer lol). Couta1 when he gets back from skiing will be adamant that his theory still holds water perfectly...that's as safe an assumption as the sun coming up tomorrow morning lol. He will then go on to remind us yet again that SUM is overvalued...(I would say like a cracked record but we're good mates so I better not, hope he doesn't see this last bit lol)

Last edited by Beagle; 26-07-2018 at 12:28 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine