sharetrader
Page 160 of 1963 FirstFirst ... 601101501561571581591601611621631641702102606601160 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 19629
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Positive start to the day

A 100,000 transaction a while ago
    HaHa winner, keep talking positive enough and you might scare that monster elephant back into the bush, I say come you beautiful creature.

anyone got their head around this change in revenue recognition. I do find the accounting for rest home operators quite complex generally - this is no exception - but if I understand correctly, the change in revenue recognition means OCA's FY18 results get a double benefit relative to FY17 (and FY19). Ie, FY18 picks up the revenue deferred from FY17 (as FY17 was not restated) as well as any new resales captured by the revenue recognition policy in FY18. In FY19, there will just be any gains occurring in that year. SO an artificial boost to fy18 revenues and profits (by circa $2-3m; which is ultimately value neutral - just makes one year (FY18) look better). the Annual Report says the new policy is better - it may well be - but company could perhaps have explained this more fully.

PS. It looks like the sought of change you would make to present the accounts in best light for the majority shareholder to sell and maximise their sales price, IMHO.! GLAH

Quote Originally Posted by jg8512 View Post
    anyone got their head around this change in revenue recognition. I do find the accounting for rest home operators quite complex generally - this is no exception - but if I understand correctly, the change in revenue recognition means OCA's FY18 results get a double benefit relative to FY17 (and FY19). Ie, FY18 picks up the revenue deferred from FY17 (as FY17 was not restated) as well as any new resales captured by the revenue recognition policy in FY18. In FY19, there will just be any gains occurring in that year. SO an artificial boost to fy18 revenues and profits (by circa $2-3m; which is ultimately value neutral - just makes one year (FY18) look better). the Annual Report says the new policy is better - it may well be - but company could perhaps have explained this more fully.

PS. It looks like the sought of change you would make to present the accounts in best light for the majority shareholder to sell and maximise their sales price, IMHO.! GLAH
    Good points. Does look like it boosted F18 earnings eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

FNZC says OUTPERFORM with a 12 month $1.22 target
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/d...-price-12.html

So on their methodology today’s price a bit ahead of itself

Stupid eh ...they just don’t get it do they
    Last edited by winner69; 27-07-2018 at 01:13 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I must be next in the buy queue at 1.11... patience is never my strong point

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    I must be next in the buy queue at 1.11... patience is never my strong point
    My impatience got the better of me and topped up a few at $1.12 instead of waiting for it to go down to $1.10 it will definitely go down now so you should be ok

if theres a placement coming insto.s will sell now and buy back cheaper. wonder if first nz capital is pitching for the work.
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    My impatience got the better of me and topped up a few at $1.12 instead of waiting for it to go down to $1.10 it will definitely go down now so you should be ok
    Interesting isn't it the way different folk work. I had an order in at 109 and have reduced it to 105 to double my stake. Just in case the overhang comes into play. So...basically happy with what I have....but if a bargain comes along..... will have some.
    Good luck to all.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    FNZC says OUTPERFORM with a 12 month $1.22 target
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/d...-price-12.html

So on their methodology today’s price a bit ahead of itself

Stupid eh ...they just don’t get it do they
    Coming from NZ's top broking house,including No.1 for research, that is a very positive confirmation for OCA's directors and management, that they are on course.Good for us shareholders as well.
    Craig's have not updated their research as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    So...basically happy with what I have....but if a bargain comes along..... will have some.
    Good luck to all.
    Yeh this is more my approach with this one. Like it but conscious of sectoral imbalance
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....