sharetrader
Page 163 of 1965 FirstFirst ... 631131531591601611621631641651661671732132636631163 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 19644

No question OCA pricing being affected by the overhang whereas SUM isn't. Some investors will position themselves to take advantage of this short term pricing aberration.

I think anyone hoping for a $1.05 organised placement by Macquarie might be a bit "hopeful" with their pricing but stranger things have happened and you never know.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-07-2018 at 01:11 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No question OCA pricing being affected by the overhang whereas SUM isn't. Some investors will position themselves to take advantage of this short term pricing aberration.

I think anyone hoping for a $1.05 organised placement by Macquarie might be a bit "hopeful" with their pricing but stranger things have happened and you never know.
    Big end of town might get $1.05 if there’s a rush to the exits — mere mortals a bit higher
    Last edited by winner69; 28-07-2018 at 03:18 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    After gobbling up a few OCA this week it is now worth 5.7% of my portfolio. More than SUM which is worth 3.3%. I am thinking my balance is wrong and I have gobbled up too many OCA it is also weighing on my mind so I am thinking I should reduce my OCA holding somewhat. I would be grateful to hear peoples opinions on how much of a ones portfolio one should have in this type of share.
    I topped up twice last week, once before results & then twice as many post excellent results. Portfolio now sitting at 11% OCA & 9.5% SUM & not worried about the split. See both as excellent companies, defensive stocks & prob continue to add to both on any weakness. The pie (sector) is only going to get bigger driven by hugely increasing ageing pop, so even average performers with stagnant market share are going to grow, let alone these 2 extremely well run, asset rich companies & would be happy having 25 or even 30% of portfolio in this sector.
    Now OCA have runs on the board, been once around the track, on current SP my pick would be OCA to double before SUM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Thank you for all your helpful comments. Much appreciated

I appear to have turned into a Senior Member today Hmm need to figure out how to get rid of that!

Banned

After gobbling up a few OCA this week it is now worth 5.7% of my portfolio. More than SUM which is worth 3.3%. I am thinking my balance is wrong and I have gobbled up too many OCA it is also weighing on my mind so I am thinking I should reduce my OCA holding somewhat. I would be grateful to hear peoples opinions on how much of a ones portfolio one should have in this type of share.
    Honestly I wouldn't give it a second thought RB, both of those percentages are small. Balance means different things to different people, personally I'm quite happy holding 4 stocks with 25% in each(Currently have about 7 stocks and 3 of them have around 25 % of total in each of them) PS-I think I must be getting more conservative.

percy

I appear to have turned into a Senior Member today Hmm need to figure out how to get rid of that!
    Be happy with that.
    I am still labelled a percy…...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Be happy with that.
    I am still labelled a percy…...lol.
    Lol Winner is an Awesome Cool Cat I would like to be an Awesome Cool Bear one day

percy

Lol Winner is an Awesome Cool Cat I would like to be an Awesome Cool Bear one day
    I can only hope you will be.
    Looks as though my lot is once a percy, always a percy.
    At least no on else wants to be the same as me,so I remain unique.....

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I can only hope you will be.
    Looks as though my lot is once a percy, always a percy.
    At least no on else wants to be the same as me,so I remain unique.....
    Once a percy always a percy has a nice honest ring to it and you will always be refreshingly unique percy I still smile at the thought of you trying on those modern pants