sharetrader
Page 168 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 681181581641651661671681691701711721782182686681168 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 19415
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    https://www.oceaniahealthcare.co.nz/...celands-care-2

The above was on Fair Go tonight. Not happy customers.
    That must be good for another 100 posts.. :-)))))

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    https://www.oceaniahealthcare.co.nz/...celands-care-2

The above was on Fair Go tonight. Not happy customers.
    Was it as bad as what happened at sum other village in manakau recently?

Screwed that guy good and proper

Jeez we cant lose can we as shareholders ....just the confirmation I need to buy more tomorrow

How well did we do ...watch here
    https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/fair-go
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Screwed that guy good and proper

Jeez we cant lose can we as shareholders ....just the confirmation I need to buy more tomorrow

How well did we do ...watch here
    https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/fair-go
    Actually bringing the contract up to date as the misinformed fair go lady suggested would mean the family would get less than the 159k they got. He would now get the purchase price minus 30% so in this case 179k minus 30% equals 125k, refurbishment costs are now met by the company. You can't bring an old contract up to date because it was a completely different contract being a unit title. That aside someone made a boo boo on the amount of money spent on that refurbishment as that one went well beyond the standard which is strictly policed in terms of costs.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Actually bringing the contract up to date as the misinformed fair go lady suggested would mean the family would get less than the 159k they got. He would now get the purchase price minus 30% so in this case 179k minus 30% equals 125k, refurbishment costs are now met by the company. You can't bring an old contract up to date because it was a completely different contract being a unit title. That aside someone made a boo boo on the amount of money spent on that refurbishment as that one went well beyond the standard which is strictly policed in terms of costs.
    Excellent post couta. Still leaves many more to come.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yes they actually did well.
    Under the new contracts they'd get next to nothing.

10-15 years ago (from memory, maybe longer) there was a big noise about this sort of thing with council flats and other similar places.
    Lot's of people not happy at the imbalance of benefits.

Advanced Member

Last order of the day at $1.14 was removed...... I maybe reading too much into it, but maybe Macquarie might enlighten us as to their holdings tomorrow and what they intend to do with them. I always thought they would let us wait until after the dividend.? We will have to wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I am sticking with $75-80m for now. I think it could surprise to the upside of that range but I would rather err on the side of conservatism at this stage mate. At $80m underlying this would give a 80/52.1m = 53.6% increase in underlying EPS to 13.1 cps. I'll let you do the maths if the market decides given this growth and the very robust long term outlook with strong demographic tailwinds that a multiple of 14 times underlying earnings is appropriate this time next year Possibly worth noting that the shares currently trade cum a 2.6 cps dividend so one isn't really paying $1.16 for next years earnings, just $1.134 putting the stock on a forward PE of just 8.6...interestingly that's about where it floated too cheaply last year.

I remain of the view that once Macquarie's have clarified their position this has very strong potential to outperform over the year ahead.
    I am very pleased with the result and even more pleased with the outlook. I like the uptick in the build rate, as well as the dividend. It also looks like all their current builds are on time. I was just hoping for a DRP to re-invest and give more shares, maybe I'll just have to keep accumulating myself.

Topped up a bit more after the result. I think if you are long term in this share, the share overhang doesn't matter in the short to medium term. The valuation will have to show, and being a retail investor actually helps you out in this situation as you have the ability to go long. Insto's have to report numbers on a short term basis to their clients and can't move as quickly.
    Last edited by value_investor; 02-08-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    I am very pleased with the result and even more pleased with the outlook. I like the uptick in the build rate, as well as the dividend. It also looks like all their current builds are on time. I was just hoping for a DRP to re-invest and give more shares, maybe I'll just have to keep accumulating myself.

Topped up a bit more after the result. I think if you are long term in this share, the share overhang doesn't matter in the short to medium term. The valuation will have to show, and being a retail investor actually helps you out in this situation as you have the ability to go long. Insto's have to report numbers on a short term basis to their clients and can't move as quickly.
    Taking into account the long term tailwinds in this sector, I agree that long term investors should do very well out of OCA.
    Building on time and on budget in the Auckland market really is quite a remarkable achievement given the state of the building industry especially in Auckland. !
    I like the fact that the vast majority of their future developments are already consented whereas SUM other companies seem to be buying themselves more drama's in that respect.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post

I think the action on the overhang does matter because it shows their opinion on the value and future. Did they own before it was listed? In which case they might have had info shared to them that could otherwise not be disclosed due to listing regulations.