sharetrader
Page 169 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 691191591651661671681691701711721731792192696691169 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 19415
    Advanced Member

Cheerful outlook from across the Tasman in Aust Finance News (26 July),on OCA's soaring profit, 45% higher than IPO forecast.

https://www.finnewsnetwork.com.au/ar..._network180166
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 03-08-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    I think the action on the overhang does matter because it shows their opinion on the value and future. Did they own before it was listed? In which case they might have had info shared to them that could otherwise not be disclosed due to listing regulations.
    Yes, they did own it. But there are other considerations in guessing as to when they might want to unload their interest, eg. How is it financed and how much is it costing? What other use/s do they have for the proceeds?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Cheerful outlook from across the Tasman in Aust Finance News (26 July),on OCA's soaring profit, 45% higher than IPO forecast.

https://www.finnewsnetwork.com.au/ar..._network180166
    Article starts ‘Oceania Healthcare (ASX:OCA) reported a lift in all key financial results for the 12 months to 31 May 2018, with its net profit soaring 72 per cent on the back of higher resale profits and new development sales.’ NPAT was $77m

If you adjust for the horrendous interest expense from the pre IPO days NPAT only ‘soared’ about 25%

Not too bad ...but need to keep the hype up
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

It seems $1.15 is what Macquarie want to sell some of their shares for. Good thing is they don’t seem in a rush.

Only guessing of course
    Last edited by Ggcc; 08-08-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    It seems $1.15 is what Macquarie want to sell some of their shares for. Good thing is they don’t seem in a rush.

Only guessing of course
    HaHa, take the 2.6c divvy off plus a few more cents and you might be close to their sale price.PS-They will bank a nice big divvy and still get the price they want, so why hurry.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    HaHa, take the 2.6c divvy off plus a few more cents and you might be close to their sale price.PS-They will bank a nice big divvy and still get the price they want, so why hurry.
    I hope so and I will be ready to buy more!! I own a lot and can’t wait to buy more

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Macquarie will never sell these on the market. If they unload them at $1,000,000 every working day it will take them just over 1.6 years to do it.
    Its been said many times here it will be an off market transfer while we are sleeping.
    Now for the crystal ball stuff.... and let's face it , this is what keeps the forum interesting in between the actual facts...
    "the deal is already done, and post this dividend an announcement will come saying its done and dusted at market price between x and y dates".
    Now there's the real reason the price is being suppressed at $1.15.
    We ALL know this share is worth well north of $1.25 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Macquarie will never sell these on the market. If they unload them at $1,000,000 every working day it will take them just over 1.6 years to do it.
    Its been said many times here it will be an off market transfer while we are sleeping.
    Now for the crystal ball stuff.... and let's face it , this is what keeps the forum interesting in between the actual facts...
    "the deal is already done, and post this dividend an announcement will come saying its done and dusted at market price between x and y dates".
    I like what you are putting down Maverick. I also ponder about the potential for them to keep the bulk shares for another year or two and longer. In the mean time. Bank divies, Share price appreciation. They may even have suppressed current results to make the next one more glamorous and show the management excellent ability and performance. They are playing a very good hand. We won't know, until too late... then again... you lot (me included eyeballs deep) in this for long term will be grinning ear to ear. I'm very excited about this one. Like a pig in... ✌

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    SUM people reckon its 1:10 for these to RYM so yes they should be at least $1.25.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Article starts ‘Oceania Healthcare (ASX:OCA) reported a lift in all key financial results for the 12 months to 31 May 2018, with its net profit soaring 72 per cent on the back of higher resale profits and new development sales.’ NPAT was $77m

If you adjust for the horrendous interest expense from the pre IPO days NPAT only ‘soared’ about 25%

Not too bad ...but need to keep the hype up

Hi Winner, reviewing the last 12 months, just wondering why it's necessary to make an adjustment to get NPAT 'only soared about 25%' compared to PCP.

Looking at published PCP figures (which I presume are based on same metrics & standard adjustments every co uses) NPAT increased by 71.5%, Assets increased by 24.9%, & even underlying NPAT increased by 53.1%.
    Are you saying they're wrong?

Not doubting you, but could you please explain to this confused poster as I can't work this out?

Postscript' Ok I've realised/worked out what you're saying, thanks Winner, always appreciate your insights & comments (& also humour).
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 09-08-2018 at 10:39 AM.