sharetrader
Page 172 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 721221621681691701711721731741751761822222726721172 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 19415

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Had a good read of the annual report over the weekend. I was reminded that they really are quite a different company to the other retirement stocks. A real emphasis on care suites which are considerably more affordable than the typical independent living units the others are doing. I think they're doing okay...share price should double within 5 years I reckon and pay about 5-6% divvy yield along the way.
    Hello Beagle.
    That was my family's experience with OCA compared to -------. As my Dad became increasing ---lets say old --couldn't walk then couldn't get to the toilet at all, but was bright and cheerful but CERTAINLY needed hospital care we were able to buy a small but very nice OCA care suit that was "his" apartment ,where he could still get full care . That was approx 165 g and upon Dads passing the estate lost( not certain but lets say 30 g) . It was the Single best decision we ever made. 5 years of a degree of independence and dignity and a feeling of ownership and we could all rest easy knowing he had full hospital care. Ever tried to toilet a heavy grown man say 12 times a day who really cant move?? And I say it again REAL hospital care for the elderly really infirm is a coming tidal wave. And good medical care means even these folks live longer.
    Last edited by warren; 13-08-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    Hello Beagle.
    That was my family's experience with OCA compared to -------. As my Dad became increasing ---lets say old --couldn't walk then couldn't get to the toilet at all, but was bright and cheerful but CERTAINLY needed hospital care we were able to buy a small but very nice OCA care suit that was "his" apartment ,where he could still get full care . That was approx 165 g and upon Dads passing the estate lost( not certain but lets say 30 g) . It was the Single best decision we ever made. 5 years of a degree of independence and dignity and a feeling of ownership and we could all rest easy knowing he had full hospital care. Ever tried to toilet a heavy grown man say 12 times a day who really cant move?? And I say it again REAL hospital care for the elderly really infirm is a coming tidal wave. And good medical care means even these folks live longer.
    Hi Warren,
    Its a tough gig watching your old man wither away. I have been there done that and its not easy at all so please accept my sympathy. In my Dad's case it was a small unit at a Ryman secure dementia facility with care at well less than a standard anyone in our family was happy with. Every day he spent almost all of the day in a recliner chair in the common room. I hear what you're saying about full hospital level care in their own care suite and am 100% supportive of this concept as it also gives the extended family privacy when visiting. Not easy visiting and coping with your emotions of watching one's father pass away in a common room in front of 40 other dementia patients their relatives and all the staff I tell ya ! Not even a chair for visitors to sit in..just stand there like a dumb upset dog watching your father withering away, drugged up to the eyeballs so he wouldn't cause any extra work for Ryman's staff... most of whom didn't seem to speak much English...

Ask me if I think RYM's care standards are the gold standard some people make them out to be and if I hold some resentment ! Its years ago and I know I should move on.... but there must be a better way.... and oh yes wait....there is !!!!

I think this whole care suite concept allows everyone to have the most dignity possible in what are very difficult circumstances so I am very pleased to support this company with a decent sized investment.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-08-2018 at 03:06 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Unfortunately in this industry you get rogue Managers/Nurses/Caregivers and axillary staff who are out of step with the 99, even with the best of systems you will never eliminate the problems that these type of staff cause. PS-I rank RYM and OCA at the top for their level of care.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Unfortunately in this industry you get rogue Managers/Nurses/Caregivers and axillary staff who are out of step with the 99, even with the best of systems you will never eliminate the problems that these type of staff cause. PS-I rank RYM and OCA at the top for their level of care.
    Probably in every industry...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Probably in every industry...
    True, but this industry involves your loved ones in various levels of declining health and all the extra emotions that go with that, rogue staff can cause a lot of misery to the residents and their families on a deeply personal level.

Banned

The Elephant in the room is well and truly in control of the SP at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The Elephant in the room is well and truly in control of the SP at the moment.
    Why do you say that? I thought the overhang wasn't a concern as any deal will be off market?

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Completely agree with you Couta. Those significant parcels at 1.14 have been there all week unchanged. The sellers obviously aren't interested in selling , just making real sellers work are a lower price. I don't mind personally because it will end one day, and I'm in no hurry. In the meantime units are being built. the business absolutely humming and huge growth right on track. When this short term game plan (I suspect by the new owners to be of the Macquarie holding) is played out it will be a big and rapid win for those who have stood their ground.
    One plus of the manipulated lower price is that it makes it easy to hold such a quality share at such a reduced price.
    I note the conflict in the stalwart HLG shareholders starting to sell a few (HLG shares) now that that share price has risen to be closer to more fairly priced. Easy to hang onto OCA at 1.13
    Last edited by Maverick; 16-08-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    Why do you say that? I thought the overhang wasn't a concern as any deal will be off market?
    Yep, off market at a discount.

Has anybody received their dividend yet? I haven't but I then I can't remember filling out a bank details form for theses.