sharetrader
Page 180 of 258 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3869
  1. #2686
    Turn and burn Maverick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    wanganui
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    These so-n-so bots should be called manipulators. This is such a popular pick for this year, we should all meet at a poncy bar somewhere with a big screen on the 25/1/19 to watch the results, chew the fat and drink beer. Mav and Beags might be starters. .
    Hi Seaweed, nice to hear from you again. Not too sure about the beer thing at 10.30 am and Auckland being 6 hrs away I'll have to take a rain check. How about the agm 3 years from now or when the price makes $2 ...which ever one gets there quicker...now that IS ramping
    Last edited by Maverick; 12-01-2019 at 10:51 AM.

  2. #2687
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Napier
    Posts
    854

    Default

    And down she goes again........ I thought we would be heading a little higher?

  3. #2688
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    2,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    And down she goes again........ I thought we would be heading a little higher?
    Some say the grass is greener at ARV villages
    and OCA is 'all talk' (comparatively speaking)... certainly is when it comes to sharetrader talk!

  4. #2689
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    23,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Some say the grass is greener at ARV villages
    and OCA is 'all talk' (comparatively speaking)... certainly is when it comes to sharetrader talk!
    ARV is a little star eh .... even if their presentations are a ****.

    Probably less obtuse than those cool presentations that excites punters (investors) to talk so much
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  5. #2690
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    12,878

    Default

    Must admit last year's financials with all their references to IPO projections and pro forma notations were far from an easy read.
    It should be far easier and clearer this year.

  6. #2691
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Napier
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Some say the grass is greener at ARV villages
    and OCA is 'all talk' (comparatively speaking)... certainly is when it comes to sharetrader talk!
    I just think in good time we will see $1.20 again per share. Maybe in March

  7. #2692
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    799

    Default

    March, just in time for the Brexit crash?

  8. #2693
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Napier
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    March, just in time for the Brexit crash?
    You could well be right. An English friend mentioned “It seems those idiot politicians will lose out from brexit and they would rather have a big fat eu pension instead of fight for their countries people”. I disagree and think the British are too stubborn to work with a greater Europe
    Last edited by Ggcc; 14-01-2019 at 04:29 PM.

  9. #2694
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    23,714

    Default

    One good thing about the half year result is that H118 Underlying npat was a pretty low $19.9m

    So as long as they beat that low figure everybody will think all’s honky dory ....remember it’s all weighted to second half of year
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  10. #2695
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    12,878

    Default

    ~ $25m underlying profit would be a highly satisfactory result in my opinion. Good things take time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcILD9OJ2wg
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-01-2019 at 05:15 PM.

  11. #2696
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    23,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ~ $25m underlying profit would be a highly satisfactory result in my opinion. Good things take time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcILD9OJ2wg
    Jeez ...you have low expectations beagle.

    h118 new sales were a miserable 23 units and yet they made $20m

    Aren’t the last half new sales going to be something like 90 odd.

    Maybe i’m right ....as long as they beat last year’s interim it will be seen as a great result.
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  12. #2697
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    12,878

    Default

    Labour costs will be up, no question about that. Yes, I believe they are on track to "deliver" about 90 new units in the first half. Completion is one thing, sale of the units another. I'd rather have conservative expectations and be pleasantly surprised.

  13. #2698
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,060

    Default

    Completion of new units is the difficult bit I watch for,so many variables.
    If you have built good units, sales will come.
    Last edited by percy; 14-01-2019 at 08:01 PM.

  14. #2699
    Membaa
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    2,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Completion of new units is the difficult bit I watch for,so many variables.
    If you have built good units, sales will come.
    They will indeed come, 'sales', will come in time of course, shrewd investors might be using that time to accumulate a decent holding while the SP is so lowly valued. It's like a gift no TA can give one, and no amount of FA or commentary can influence. Or so it seems.

    Better to just be in the 'relatively early club' and accumulate as much as is reasonable and enjoy the ride from there. Long haul stuff is like that, ignorance to begin with, largely ignorant in between and then OMG enlightenment follows, but then it's too late for the uninvested.

    I don't get the minutiae analysis of this sector, as a whole it is hot and has been for a while. People must like wondering, maybe academically whether such and such has a 0.x% something better yield than something else, but to be frank screw that, the whole sector is on fire and despite all that there's not a bad retirement company in the current climate and this is as good as any, maybe better, but who cares when you have a bit of all of them.

    We should not split hairs so much imho, maybe focus on the overall sector opportunity. It's going to outperform most when few other sector opportunities seem apparent and the doom and gloom builds momentum.

  15. #2700
    Trying to get outta here
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    They will indeed come, 'sales', will come in time of course, shrewd investors might be using that time to accumulate a decent holding while the SP is so lowly valued. It's like a gift no TA can give one, and no amount of FA or commentary can influence. Or so it seems.

    Better to just be in the 'relatively early club' and accumulate as much as is reasonable and enjoy the ride from there. Long haul stuff is like that, ignorance to begin with, largely ignorant in between and then OMG enlightenment follows, but then it's too late for the uninvested.

    I don't get the minutiae analysis of this sector, as a whole it is hot and has been for a while. People must like wondering, maybe academically whether such and such has a 0.x% something better yield than something else, but to be frank screw that, the whole sector is on fire and despite all that there's not a bad retirement company in the current climate and this is as good as any, maybe better, but who cares when you have a bit of all of them.

    We should not split hairs so much imho, maybe focus on the overall sector opportunity. It's going to outperform most when few other sector opportunities seem apparent and the doom and gloom builds momentum.
    A very good post Baa Baa, I reckon your on fire with a post like this one.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •