sharetrader
Page 182 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 821321721781791801811821831841851861922322826821182 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 19574

So a $1.10 ...suppose that’s a bargain of sorts
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So a $1.10 ...suppose that’s a bargain of sorts
    Beagle and I bidded $1.10 yesterday morning as we agreed that was a fair price. It's been scaled as I suspected so will wait and see how many we got.PS-Remember after the recent good result some were happy to dump at $1.10 after it hit $1.16 in the morning.
    Last edited by couta1; 06-09-2018 at 08:56 AM.

I've still got my order sitting there at $1.13 - will wait to see how things pan out.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Looking back at when SUM had its main shareholder sell up in 2013 I don't think this first OCA placement will actually do much to the share price at all.

I am certainly excited to see the announcement and am very pleased Macquarie have shown their hand and actively exiting but I don't think much will change today.
    SUM had a majority shareholder who had 56% and they sold theirs off in the same way as this first tranche of OCA. The SUm situation seems identical to OCA. They sold 19% in the first round followed by a second wave of 14% 2 months later and the last wave of 23.2% 5 months after that.

The first SUM placement was at a 7% market discount, the share price rose about 15% over the following month. The second wave was a discount of about 2.5% and the share price gave up half of its recent 15% rise almost instantly. The third wave and the last I haven't figured out what discount it sold at yet, the share price gave a small insignificant rise but quickly gave that up.

All in all the SUM share price was pretty unaffected by the exiting of its cornerstone holder. The SUM share just keep steadily climbing almost unaffected at all.

For those of us who aren't as knowledgeable about these placements, what would you expect the price to be ?

1) a bit or significantly higher or lower on opening today ?
    2) any expected movements within the day
    3) closing higher or lower than the $1.14, halt price ?

I'm trying to understand the mechanics in this process.

Cheers.
    Last edited by limmy; 06-09-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Looking back at when SUM had its main shareholder sell up in 2013 I don't think this first OCA placement will actually do much to the share price at all.

I am certainly excited to see the announcement and am very pleased Macquarie have shown their hand and actively exiting but I don't think much will change today.
    SUM had a majority shareholder who had 56% and they sold theirs off in the same way as this first tranche of OCA. The SUm situation seems identical to OCA. They sold 19% in the first round followed by a second wave of 14% 2 months later and the last wave of 23.2% 5 months after that.

The first SUM placement was at a 7% market discount, the share price rose about 15% over the following month. The second wave was a discount of about 2.5% and the share price gave up half of its recent 15% rise almost instantly. The third wave and the last I haven't figured out what discount it sold at yet, the share price gave a small insignificant rise but quickly gave that up.

All in all the SUM share price was pretty unaffected by the exiting of its cornerstone holder. The SUM share just keep steadily climbing almost unaffected at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by limmy View Post
    For those of us who aren't as knowledgeable about these placements, what would you expect the price to be ?

Cheers.
    Just read Mavericks well researched post ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Thanks Black Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by limmy View Post

Cheers.

Rate it’s going so far none of these apply (if $1.14 was the base)

In reality 1) was neither of those ...answer being unchanged

2) and 3) still to be decided by the market

Your guess is as good as anybody’s
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Yes W69, people seem to have accepted $1.14 as the standard on-market price from now on.

I'm wondering if there are some people who might have obtained huge parcels at $1.10, with borrowed cash, needing to sell some of their existing holdings to fund their purchase ?

Put a bid in at $1.12 through FCNZ. Was allocated 2/3rds of what I bid for at $1.10. Pleasing outcome