sharetrader
Page 185 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 851351751811821831841851861871881891952352856851185 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 19415

Yeap, could easily double I reckon mate or quite possibly a fair bit more. 37% earnings growth this year followed by 20% in FY20 and FY21 (1.37 x 1.2 x 1.2) = 1.97 times your money and that's without any PE expansion at all, off by all comparisons in this sector, a very low PE base at present.

I'm sure you do Joshuatree, but not everyone on here understands the fundamentals or the effect of compounding underlying earnings growth. Just doing a bit of vision casting on where this could go and there's a fair bit of supporting historical evidence with SUM other great companies in this sector to support my thesis.
    I really think its very important to look at least 5 years ahead on what a company might be valued at and in that regard I see this company having the genuine prospect of replicating the stellar gains of other great retirement stocks in their early years.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-09-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I'll keep it simple. $2 in two years, $3 in 3 years and $5 in 5 years (with divis along the way)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I'll keep it simple. $2 in two years, $3 in 3 years and $5 in 5 years (with divis along the way)
    I concur...……………….lol.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I was too stingy to get any at the $1.10 price.
    Never mind OCA is 6% of the portfolio already and with SUM at 13% I dont want to be too overweight in the retirement sector
    Hi Peat. I'm a wanganui lad too. Can I buy you a coffee sometime? Look me up under wanganui electricians if your keen. I'm the guy with all the silver vans with the blue lighting all over them ...R
    ps. I don't think you can have too many SUM,ARV or especially OCA. (Funny how no one ever includes MET?)
    Last edited by Maverick; 06-09-2018 at 08:30 PM.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yeap, could easily double I reckon mate or quite possibly a fair bit more. 37% earnings growth this year followed by 20% in FY20 and FY21 (1.37 x 1.2 x 1.2) = 1.97 times your money and that's without any PE expansion at all, off by all comparisons in this sector, a very low PE base at present.

I'm sure you do Joshuatree, but not everyone on here understands the fundamentals or the effect of compounding underlying earnings growth. Just doing a bit of vision casting on where this could go and there's a fair bit of supporting historical evidence with SUM other great companies in this sector to support my thesis.
    I really think its very important to look at least 5 years ahead on what a company might be valued at and in that regard I see this company having the genuine prospect of replicating the stellar gains of other great retirement stocks in their early years.
    I agree re a long term story. And to a friend(who holds big $ of NZ shares) who rang me yest asking about this OCA offer, ive said ," what you dont have ANY of these retirement /care prop stocks at all, get some now"!. But as a holder i want a much better discount before i top up so happy to wait for the possible opportunity. IMO I dont see the s/p going up at all much in the next year with this very mature bull mkt , volatility ahead,and prop prices dropping.

RBNZ look like they might be lowering the OCR. All the evidence suggests on a national average basis real estate is still increasing nicely. I do agree this bull market is mature but there are definitely pockets of value out there so I was very happy to double down at $1.10. Not much of a discount but that's reflective of value already on offer at $1.14 in my opinion.

SUM and RYM had a forward PE of around 30 in their early years...just a thought...
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-09-2018 at 08:55 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    ,and prop prices dropping.
    Probably for a different thread. But that may not be a bad thing for the sharemrket. As people get out of property they have to put their money somewhere. Term deposits hopeless, crypts too risky, metals up and down. Leaves the sharemarket - more demand. (add to that prospect of lower interest rates NZ's traditional high divvy will be attractive)

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I just deal with Craigs for both NZ and Australia.
    Can you trade with Craigs online? How much brokerage do you pay?
    Im currently using ASB but trading on the ASX is expensive... $30 a trade is their minimum
    Last edited by Traderwannabe; 07-09-2018 at 08:49 AM.

To those who got allocated shares through their broker can I ask roughly how many you were able to obtain. I presume it was several hundred thousand?

Quote Originally Posted by herbert240 View Post
    To those who got allocated shares through their broker can I ask roughly how many you were able to obtain. I presume it was several hundred thousand?
    Dont know where you would get that assumption. We are not all moneyed high rollers here!

By deduction I reckon those that asked for 10,000 or less probably got a full quota. Those that asked for more got scaled. The more you asked for the greater the scaling.