sharetrader
Page 187 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 871371771831841851861871881891901911972372876871187 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 19415
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I can't answer the question on FCNZ ... however -

I bought my allocation through Chris Lee (I am one of his clients). I asked for and received a parcel worth $15k up to a SP of $1.11, and he didn't charge any brokerage at all.

I do assume though, that the underwriters are paying him a fee.

Thanks BP, that's great, i wonder if nil brokerage was standard for everyone who got an allocation?

If brokerage was charged on 1000 shares, it would hardly be worth it.

I only use ANZ Securities so didn't bother with the allocation, but did want more shares & bought another 20,000 @ 113 yesterday which cost me about $64 in brokerage & was curious if by the time Craigs or FNZC etc brokerage was added to the 110 there was v little difference ?

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Probably for a different thread. But that may not be a bad thing for the sharemrket. As people get out of property they have to put their money somewhere. Term deposits hopeless, crypts too risky, metals up and down. Leaves the sharemarket - more demand. (add to that prospect of lower interest rates NZ's traditional high divvy will be attractive)
    OCA will get a huge amount of attention from this cash if houses are sold off and deposits are put elsewhere.

Don't forget retired folk are risk averse and this stock will have many great signals for a steady return with limited risk.

I am delighted with how many shares there are as I see OCA having the potential for a large share holder diversity and reach.

This one is for the long term hold with many more positive signs then negatives IMO.

I also contemplate the potential for OCA to be bought out by a larger retirement operator to diversify their business with the easy sweep of a well established entity into their ummmmbrella. Not only a potential from kiwi firms, and other large companies interested in this sector. Health funds, pharmacies, retirement funds (kiwi saver etc, other pension funds) the opportunity to buy a large establishment of functioning businesses.

Good day!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rossimarnz View Post
    I paid $60 brokerage through FCNZ. I know that is expensive but I attribute much greater value to their advice and access to opportunities than I do to the cost of the brokerage I pay. I am investing for my children so have a long investment horizon and consider the brokerage costs as my gift to my kids.
    Good on you Rossimarnz, your kids are fortunate & the brokerage will be money well spent when the SP has doubled, tripled & more in the coming years.

IMO

Well done to the Vampire Kangaroo as the Brits call MAQ. How long before the next dump of shares, im guessing not long as this one went to ready buyers.Be good to get the overhang out of the way for sure.

Does this mean Craigs kept some of the cheap shares for themselves

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...568/286375.pdf
    Last edited by winner69; 08-09-2018 at 09:49 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I can't answer the question on FCNZ ... however -

I bought my allocation through Chris Lee (I am one of his clients). I asked for and received a parcel worth $15k up to a SP of $1.11, and he didn't charge any brokerage at all.

I do assume though, that the underwriters are paying him a fee.
    Just to set the record straight. This information (no brokerage) was correct at the time of posting. However - his office sent me later on Friday a "replacement bill" indicating that they had to charge brokerage due to the NZX charging them as well. I.e. I ended up with something like 1.25% brokerage on top of the share price. Much more brokerage than I would have paid for a normal trade with my usual broker (ANZ Securities - but they didn't offer the opportunity to buy into this sell down), but still a wee gain compared to what I would have paid when buying the shares on market.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Just to set the record straight. This information (no brokerage) was correct at the time of posting. However - his office sent me later on Friday a "replacement bill" indicating that they had to charge brokerage due to the NZX charging them as well. I.e. I ended up with something like 1.25% brokerage on top of the share price. Much more brokerage than I would have paid for a normal trade with my usual broker (ANZ Securities - but they didn't offer the opportunity to buy into this sell down), but still a wee gain compared to what I would have paid when buying the shares on market.
    Thanks BlackPeter, it's an interesting question when on the one hand we're given the opportunity for a discounted buy, but on the other hand the offer is restricted to a few specific brokers who charge significantly higher brokerage than direct brokers like ANZ Securities (which is all I use) wiping out much of the advantage. Am not suggesting they shouldn't be paid extra for their research/work but just looking at it purely from cost point of view.

Just a little anecdote , I was talking to a share broker a couple of months ago, and he knew stuff all about OCA, & I ended up telling him it was one to watch. Was a bit surprised, thinking he was supposed to be the well informed expert, which I most definitely am not. If it was a horse race, he was only aware of the old favourites out front RYM, SUM, MET & not watching the exciting young filly OCA showing great potential, just getting into stride gaining in confidence & coming in fast down the back strait.

percy

Sharebrokers are like posters here.
    You get the good,the bad and the ugly.

A good full research broker charging at 1% is well worth it.

Advanced Member

I am hoping on $1.10-$1.12 for these shares on market. If I don’t get that price I will win anyway with the shares I own and I will assign that money to another share or leave as cash. As for brokers unless IPOs just use your own head and do the research. From what I hear people who use brokers tell them just do what you would invest in. If you are investing lots of money would you not want to save money and do it yourself???. I spoke to someone from Forsyth Barr and they did not tell me something I already did not know. They just assure you that you are investing in the correct share and charge you a lot more than ANZ Securities. The only thing brokers do well is not use emotions. They don’t generally love a share