sharetrader
Page 188 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 881381781841851861871881891901911921982382886881188 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 19415
    Handsome Member

Those using Craigs, do they provide their paying clients with a quarterly or half yearly report on their analysis of other stocks? Like their research or view of whats hot and whats not? If so, is it any good?
    Just trying to figure out if I should become a client purely so that I dont miss out on things Insto's get over using ASB/ANZ.

Advanced Member

Just to clarify, wasn't expressing an opinion here about the pros & cons of using a share broker for general trading.

Simply curious & keen to reassure myself in this specific case, hadn't lost too much by buying (once market resumed) at slightly higher price via ANZ Securities with lower brokerage v the lower price allocation with slightly higher brokerage. Appears it was about $200 extra

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Those using Craigs, do they provide their paying clients with a quarterly or half yearly report on their analysis of other stocks? Like their research or view of whats hot and whats not? If so, is it any good?
    Its not overly predictive but its comprehensive research. I find it useful even if I don't act on what they say.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

ok....got nothing today that's new or interesting to add here, It's just time to comment for the sake of it.
    Basically it's "sing when your winning" kind of thing. OCA (and its share price) is running like clockwork. It just chugs away and a predictable and orderly ascent as it builds its villages. The first sale of the 95 million shares has gone extremely well. The market seems to have absorbed it without blinking (thats $105 million over a few days- outstanding!).
    If it was to exactly follow summersets selling of its first tranche then the OCA SP should climb a week after sell down (today) to about $1.30 over the next month.
    Personally, I don't think it will climb that high yet as it's a bit of a stretch for such a young company. Although it totally is worth that IMO.
    Anyway.... just happy with the real progress of the company's build rate and achievements. Now just have to practice some patience as Beagle has mentioned.

Its been chugging along quite nicely the past few days. Flushing out the profit takers at the $1.13 / $1.14 mark. Now they seem to have gone we have trades today at $1.15. Hopefully this is the start of a long, regular and monotonous climb in SP - with the occasional profit taking set back.

Guru

WOW, 1.2 mil shares just gone through knocking on the door of $1.16 ATH !!!

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Its been chugging along quite nicely the past few days. Flushing out the profit takers at the $1.13 / $1.14 mark. Now they seem to have gone we have trades today at $1.15. Hopefully this is the start of a long, regular and monotonous climb in SP - with the occasional profit taking set back.
    Great company with outstanding growth prospects. I have earmarked more funds for McKashin's next potential move. I don't think there's any doubt this is a $2 stock, the only debate is which year ? My pick is 2021.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-09-2018 at 01:48 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Great company with outstanding growth prospects. I have earmarked more funds for McKashin's next potential move. No doubt FCNZ is presently taking the brakes off, (yes they were selling and appeared to be capping the price until recently) in preparation for that at some stage in the future. I don't think there's any doubt this is a $2 stock, the only debate is which year ? My pick is 2021.
    Yep, agree...the maths are pretty easy, SP $1.15x 20% growth 2019 x 20% growth 2020 x 20% growth 2021 =$1.98 in the spring of 2021.
    I`m actually thinking the growth will be more 25% yoy but it just seems too optimistic to actually model that amount.
    RYM was actually 30% annual SP growth for the first 6 years
    SUM was actually 25% annual SP growth for the first 6 years

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Great company with outstanding growth prospects. I have earmarked more funds for McKashin's next potential move. No doubt FCNZ is presently taking the brakes off, (yes they were selling and appeared to be capping the price until recently) in preparation for that at some stage in the future. I don't think there's any doubt this is a $2 stock, the only debate is which year ? My pick is 2021.
    Just curious Beagle, do you mean they deliberately cap the SP or was it that they just were saturating the market which naturally capped the SP? Also I was wondering how you know it was specifically FCNZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Just curious Beagle, do you mean they deliberately cap the SP or was it that they just were saturating the market which naturally capped the SP? Also I was wondering how you know it was specifically FCNZ?
    I was chatting about this to Couta1 just recently and he reckoned there was a substantial shareholder notice with attachments which showed they'd been selling a huge amount on market in the lead up to the placement. I'll see if I can find it and post a link. I might have got my wires crossed though, wouldn't be the first time lol
    All I can find on public record is this, can't seem to see the attachment will full details of the timing of sales and purchases. Excerpt from SSH notice posted 5/9/18
    During the 4 months prior to 4 September 2018 First NZ Capital Securities Limited in the ordinary course of business purchased 4,419,847 OCA ordinary shares for a gross consideration of $5,008,733 and sold 4,690,171 OCA ordinary shares for a gross consideration of $5,308,965.
    They were certainly "working it" in terms of trading it but as to the timing of buys and sells I can't find the detail. Acknowledge that their buys and sells were of similar volume so unless sells were heavily weighted towards the latter part of that period the price suppression would have been insignificant so in the apparent absence of any further detail I will edit my earlier comment to be fair to FCNZ.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-09-2018 at 01:47 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine