sharetrader
Page 194 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 941441841901911921931941951961971982042442946941194 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 19415
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    And he bought 2,000,000 shares in the recent placement. Someone said on here a while back that you can't have too many OCA. When you consider those metrics posted above and the gross yeild this year of over 5% along with their growth prospects, my goodness...I think he's dead right !
    Yes compelling fundamentals.

Greg may prefer the 5.29% NET HBL yield.?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes compelling fundamentals.

Greg may prefer the 5.29% NET HBL yield.?
    Anyone who ever bought anything off Macquarie better be careful. You could suffer losses of EPIC proportions if you are not careful buying anything off them.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Anyone who ever bought anything off Macquarie better be careful. You could suffer losses of EPIC proportions if you are not careful buying anything off them.
    Which retirement company do you think offers a more compelling alternative ? (Note Earl Gasparich had some interesting things to say last night about RYM's share price which basically echo my recent comments on the RYM thread). Maybe he follows the dog
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-09-2018 at 08:18 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Any examples we can look at?

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Any examples we can look at?
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opin...-for-investors

Vwery nice fees for Macquarie but a disaster for those who bought off Macquarie.

IMO

Yep ,the kangaroo vampire is ruthless when the scent of money is around just like sharks that can detect a drop of blood in the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yep ,the kangaroo vampire is ruthless when the scent of money is around just like sharks that can detect a drop of blood in the ocean.
    Macquarie's modus operandi is to accumulate and aggregate operating units of industries (infrastructure, retirement villages, childcare centers etc), leverage them up and then, after a few years of dressing them up, flick to the gullible public at highly inflated prices and with huge fees.

Good on them - it is not called the millionaires' factory for no reason but buying Oceania at this stage of the cycle from them, hmmmmm .....check how much they are making from the deal first.

Good on them - it is not called the millionaires' factory for no reason but buying Oceania at this stage of the cycle from them, hmmmmm .....check how much they are making from the deal first.
    Having now just hit $1.20 and with sellers beginning to dry up there wont be too many people upset if they bought into this first tranche

Macquarie's modus operandi is to accumulate and aggregate operating units of industries (infrastructure, retirement villages, childcare centers etc), leverage them up and then, after a few years of dressing them up, flick to the gullible public at highly inflated prices and with huge fees.

Wouldn't it be much more sensible to ask - "how much is the share worth" instead of "how much money does Macquarrie make"?

Even if we discount the growth potential (given a lack of growth history) - just based on this years earnings ... the current PE is below 10.

Liabilities to assets is below 50% - not outstanding either.

If I take the analysts predictions, the forward PE is 7.4 and the predicted earnings CAGR is above 20% (starting this year) - but hey, if we don't believe the analysts - all this would be anyway just a free bonus.

At this stage do I see a well established care company with a good PE ratio. Any gains from selling the (I think) 300 odd units they plan to complete this year would be free.

I do see them even worst case (no growth) still quite reasonably priced. How much do you think they are worth?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

They have well and truly above market average growth prospects yet are trading at half the market forward PE. They are very cheap by any rational fundamental comparison to their peer group listed here. Perhaps one takes a more "balanced" view and remembers that certain managers at a certain investment bank are rewarded for being transaction-ally orientated. The bonus is not paid until the deal is done.

Rather than slag off an investment bank, more importantly we need to focus on the important issue so I reiterate my earlier question today Balance, which company in the retirement sector do you prefer over OCA and why ? Can I pleased have a balanced answer to this important question ?

Second question. How do you think Quadrant feel now about selling their entire stake in SUM ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-09-2018 at 01:55 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine