sharetrader
Page 197 of 1959 FirstFirst ... 971471871931941951961971981992002012072472976971197 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 19582

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Rough figures.I hold 55% more TRA than OCA shares, or over four times dollar value,and remain "well positioned" in both..
    I’ll pass that on to them and tell them they are probably well positioned as well.

Hopefully now springs here they’ll spend more time playing bowls than worrying about trying to beat the market
    Last edited by winner69; 21-09-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    They did make a few bob on A2 but then lost some of those gains on Turners but now for some having both Turners and OCA they reckon they are on a winning streak
    My money is on those guys.

Often I see the market a lot clearer when I am away from it.
    Most of my best decisions have been made while mowing the lawn.
    I hope they see the market clearer while bowling.
    Maybe you could tell them the real advantages of investing in companies, that have the capacity to pay increasing fully imputed divies.
    Mowing lawns is good for you eh.

Even though my lawn mowing is actually with a line trimmer (no pristine lawns like you percy) and I generally end up cutting the berms in the whole street it is good thinking time.

Kids say get Mr Green in to do them .....lazy buggers .,,...but I say I wouldn’t have any thinking time if I didn’t do the ‘lawns’

Must go and check on the rata soon.

Rough figures.I hold 55% more TRA than OCA shares, or over four times dollar value,and remain "well positioned" in both..
    Its funny isn't it how insights come to you while you're away from the market. The other day it occurred to me that TNR are the exact opposite of the retirement industry. The long term trend is what I'm referring too. Massive long term tailwinds through demographic trends in the retirement industry and massive long term headwinds for Turners due to technology, (widespread pooled use of self driving electric cars is inevitable), not a question of if, just when. I have four times the value in OCA than I do in TRA because, amoung other reasons I like tailwinds a lot more than headwinds. Be interesting over the years ahead to see who gets their call right. I also think Earl Gasparich has the makings of an extremely good leader. There's something about him that I really like.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-09-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Its funny isn't it how insights come to you while you're away from the market. The other day it occurred to me that TNR are the exact opposite of the retirement industry. The long term trend is what I'm referring too. Massive long term tailwinds through demographic trends in the retirement industry and massive long term headwinds for Turners due to technology, (widespread pooled use of self driving electric cars is inevitable), not a question of if, just when. I have four times the value in OCA than I do in TRA because, amoung other reasons I like tailwinds a lot more than headwinds. Be interesting over the years ahead to see who gets their call right. I also think Earl Gasparich has the makings of an extremely good leader. There's something about him that I really like.
    I have spoken with a few people in the know about these electric vehicles that are going to be soon is all in a hurry and they all say the same thing don’t expect it for at least another 15-20 years. We just don’t have the infrastructure to do it unless the Government helps with the rollout of it. TRA will still do well for at least another 10 years and I don’t think at that stage Percy will even care where his money is invested and by that stage TRA will have adapted. I am not a holder of TRA and love the dividend yield, but not the capital decreasing taking place over the years.

I have SUM (up 58%) and OCA (up 9%) and the two combined are double my TRA (Down 6%) holding

(plus Ryman in another portfolio)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Mowing lawns is good for you eh.

Even though my lawn mowing is actually with a line trimmer (no pristine lawns like you percy) and I generally end up cutting the berms in the whole street it is good thinking time.

Kids say get Mr Green in to do them .....lazy buggers .,,...but I say I wouldn’t have any thinking time if I didn’t do the ‘lawns’

Must go and check on the rata soon.
    My daughters use Charity Mowing,[me].

My daughters use Charity Mowing,[me].
    You’re a good soul percy

Funny how generations have changed. When I was young at home it was expected that I would mow the lawns (amongst other things) and now many like you do these things for the kids.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I have SUM (up 58%) and OCA (up 9%) and the two combined are double my TRA (Down 6%) holding

(plus Ryman in another portfolio)
    Fundamentals of TRA are sound,the future is bright,so at some point the share price will perform,then outperform.In the meantime, enjoy the quarterly fully imputed divies.I love them..

A pool of self driving electric cars, can you imagine the cleaning and fixing involved? (Mile high type club, drunks, nutters, etc) not a car I'd like to take my commute in. Could work if you have your own seat that just plugs in, or seat covers or something, maybe...

The technology is there, the need is there, the people are not. It's a nice idea though.