sharetrader
Page 216 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 1161662062122132142152162172182192202262663167161216 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 19415

OCA dividends may be partially imputed from FY20 onward. I think this is a company you could be fairly confident would increase dividends by a double digit percentage figure per annum going forward in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-10-2018 at 05:36 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Having a fully imputed divie does not concern me if the share price is tanking. You are just paying your own money back to yourself...? Give me stocks that grow and give a little dividend. Better for the getting ready to retire moment. Percy I fully understand you are at a later stage of your life and you need an income for the little ones and yourself. You can sell shares that grow and maybe twice to four times a year, give yourself what you need for spending money

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    SP does not concern me,as I and too happy enjoying the fully imputed divies.Paid quarterly is fantastic.Divie looks as though it will keep increasing by about 10% pa.
    For me divies are the main prize now days.I love them.TRA is my largest holding so the divies are rather juicy.

ps.Brought and then added to my OCA as their divie was the best in the retirement sector.Just a bugger it is not fully imputed.Quess you can't have it all ways.
    Yes I love my divvies also but have been seriously skunked recently by near six to one by my AIR holding, however HLG will be paying me a nice big one in December coupled with it's defensive nature over the last while I'm pretty happy overall, also happy with my XXXOS sized holding in OCA.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Having a fully imputed divie does not concern me if the share price is tanking. You are just paying your own money back to yourself...? Give me stocks that grow and give a little dividend. Better for the getting ready to retire moment. Percy I fully understand you are at a later stage of your life and you need an income for the little ones and yourself. You can sell shares that grow and maybe twice to four times a year, give yourself what you need for spending money
    I have set myself up very well for retirement.The market has been very kind to me .For mainly tax reasons I now seldom trade.Buy to hold forever.
    My dividends are on a very good capital base thanks to being successful.
    My experience is that companies that have the capacity, and do in fact pay increasing fully imputed dividends, will in time see their sp rise.
    So if my shares halved in value tomorrow it would have no affect on my income.What would affect me would be companies reducing their dividend.
    I hold GNE,HGH [HBL],MCK,MEL,MVN,OCA,PGW,SPK and TRA.plus holdings in a number of "interesting" companies which will either enjoy great growth or will be dead ducks.I see no reason for any of the above companies not increasing their dividends over the next few years,therefore I see the capital value of my portfolio doubling or tripling over the next three to five years..

Outside thinking.

I have set myself up very well for retirement.The market has been very kind to me .For mainly tax reasons I now seldom trade.Buy to hold forever.
    My dividends are on a very good capital base thanks to being successful.
    My experience is that companies that have the capacity, and do in fact pay increasing fully imputed dividends, will in time see their sp rise.
    So if my shares halved in value tomorrow it would have no affect on my income.What would affect me would be companies reducing their dividend.
    I hold GNE,HGH [HBL],MCK,MEL,MVN,OCA,PGW,SPK and TRA.plus holdings in a number of "interesting" companies which will either enjoy great growth or will be dead ducks.I see no reason for any of the above companies not increasing their dividends over the next few years,therefore I see the capital value of my portfolio doubling or tripling over the next three to five years..
    A timely (and good) article echoing your advice may help those sweating at the recent 'correction.' https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.53a2dcd5c906

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    A timely (and good) article echoing your advice may help those sweating at the recent 'correction.' https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.53a2dcd5c906
    "If you are retired or close to it, you should have already diversified into some cash and fixed income to avoid the market swings". Interesting little excerpt. Cash and fixed income investments serve to dampen down market volatility.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

The share price has to rise really, otherwise the % dividend would become huge (which will encourage people to buy and the SP will go up).

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Read a few of their reports. You've got to sift through a lot of dross to find a nugget of info that's worth anything. BUY MET up to $10 was a classic example of the caliber of the information they're producing. By the way, of the five retirement companies there is only one that's not in a confirmed downtrend as measured by a clear break down through the 100 day MA. Wonder if that outfit have ever heard of technical analysis ?
    That moneymorning stuff wasn’t all dross. Suppose that view depends is who you love the most.

Well anyway they wrote about 3 companies to surf the grey tsunami and make heaps and Oceania wasn’t one of them ...thought that interesting if nothing else.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    The share price has to rise really, otherwise the % dividend would become huge (which will encourage people to buy and the SP will go up).
    That can be fixed my reducing the dividend. Possible in a downturn.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    You are onto it.
    Exactly right.
    Buy companies that have the capacity to pay increasing fully imputed divies.
    Last edited by percy; 29-10-2018 at 08:30 AM.