sharetrader
Page 219 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 1191692092152162172182192202212222232292693197191219 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 19415

Some great slides in this presentation highlighting the aging population issue, of which we are still very early in the game. Imo, the aging population issues through a shortage of housing and superannuation crunch is coming soon. The cost of super to the govt has increased 26% in the past 4-5 years, of which very little can be attributed to inflation.

The uptake in builds in the past financial results again emphasized in the report which is pleasing to see. It will be interesting to see where that EPS rate is at when the HY results are out (probably early next year).

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    Some great slides in this presentation highlighting the aging population issue, of which we are still very early in the game. Imo, the aging population issues through a shortage of housing and superannuation crunch is coming soon. The cost of super to the govt has increased 26% in the past 4-5 years, of which very little can be attributed to inflation.

The uptake in builds in the past financial results again emphasized in the report which is pleasing to see. It will be interesting to see where that EPS rate is at when the HY results are out (probably early next year).
    Note that new units built are heavily weighted to the second half. Figures from N.Z. shareholders presentation, (from memory) about 83 units scheduled to be built in the first half and 190 in the second half. Expect underlying eps to reflect the change in the build rate.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

Imo that's all well and truly priced in, maybe to some extent thanks to the incessant ramping here. "Can't have too many", well, yeah OK, but get a grip, this isn't accidental millionaire territory. It's a long play, give it 10-20 maybe 30 years. Patience is a scarce commodity.

Give it time and when the 4 unknown analysts with no measurable pedigree or provenance have consensus on Buy rather than currently Hold or Outperform, that might be the next leg up. Who knows really? This stock may not be too far ahead of itself, but it's close to par value, maybe a bit above, likely to see a prolonged sideways effect while reality catches up with future potential.

Disc, yes I have some but I'm not believing nondescript analysts, nor am I in the rampers camp. I take it as I see it and patience with perseverance are key. This is no quick win.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Imo that's all well and truly priced in, maybe to some extent thanks to the incessant ramping here. "Can't have too many", well, yeah OK, but get a grip, this isn't accidental millionaire territory. It's a long play, give it 10-20 maybe 30 years. Patience is a scarce commodity.

Give it time and when the 4 unknown analysts with no measurable pedigree or provenance have consensus on Buy rather than currently Hold or Outperform, that might be the next leg up. Who knows really? This stock may not be too far ahead of itself, but it's close to par value, maybe a bit above, likely to see a prolonged sideways effect while reality catches up with future potential.

Disc, yes I have some but I'm not believing nondescript analysts, nor am I in the rampers camp. I take it as I see it and patience with perseverance are key. This is no quick win.
    Not a quick win but will double and triple your return before RYM and SUM do going forward from now IMO.

Guru

it seems OCA's presentation was a good advert for ARV and even MET
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 12-11-2018 at 08:44 PM.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Baabaa , with all due respect , It sure isn't an accidental millionaires thing. I recon you could put in about 400k now and you should be a millionaire in about 3-4 years , that won't be an accident.
    As far as the ramping thing goes , I actual get really annoyed by those accusations levelled by anyone to anyone.
    Firstly , the market doesn't give a flying fig about what people say on this forum,
    Secondly, it disrespects the obvious intelligent people ,who offer for no personal gain, their opinions and expertise.
    Keep it coming folks, whatever your thoughts, "the intelligence of the group is more than any individual" ( even if you think OCA is An overpriced fad)

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Firstly , the market doesn't give a flying fig about what people say on this forum,
    Dead right - that one always makes me laugh. As If Mr Market is busy glued to Share trader Forum and reacts every time there is a positive post on something. (any thoughts of ramping can be put to bed at AGM time - notice how forum comments are invariably ignored)

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I know some of us appear besotted with this company but their PR execution is simply superb. It's hard not to like them.
    But ultimately it`s the figures that will tell the real story. It`s hard not to be besotted with the figures so far either.

AND there's more.....it`s just such a great feeling knowing we are enabling the "first in class "care of our well healed seniors.
    Having been involved in preparing those sort of documents for corporates over the years I do worry when punters say ‘their PR execution us simply superb’ ......seduced by pretty slides, the advertising works

But maverick you do seem a sensible type when you add ‘it’s the figures that will tell thevreal story’

Hope so.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Veteran novice

When I asked him, Mr Market replied "What's Sharetrader?"

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    When I asked him, Mr Market replied "What's Sharetrader?"

Thats because Mr Market lives in the Big End of Town and doesn't care much for we minnows slumming it at the other end.