sharetrader
Page 221 of 1964 FirstFirst ... 1211712112172182192202212222232242252312713217211221 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 19631
    Outside thinking.

While Maverick and Winner have been exploring all the angles of investing in OCA, I've been observing and thankfully have a small holding which is currently in profit. That said, in watching the daily trades and depth of trades there seems to be some serious unloading and possible SP manipulation going on at the moment. At the risk scoring of a possible demerit point akin to Baa Baa, my gutometer says this one could sink lower in the short term with possible support levels at 115c and 110c. DYOR.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    While Maverick and Winner have been exploring all the angles of investing in OCA, I've been observing and thankfully have a small holding which is currently in profit. That said, in watching the daily trades and depth of trades there seems to be some serious unloading and possible SP manipulation going on at the moment. At the risk scoring of a possible demerit point akin to Baa Baa, my gutometer says this one could sink lower in the short term with possible support levels at 115c and 110c. DYOR.
    I agree Leftfield, the share price does seem to be subject to more manipulation once again.(i.e the oversized "sell" plonked on at 1.20 a few days ago- in the usual $50k lumps).
    After watching this share trading like a hawk for nearly a year now I now accept that this just is part of the OCA trading style. I figure Macquarie is currently gearing up for another placement so the big boys are up to their usual bag of tricks.
    Seen it loads of time now and just accept it for what it is without much thought these days. No long term damage is done.
    More importantly , while the games are being played , those builders are busy beavering away constructing units and care suites on our behalf for our upcoming tenants, bless their souls.
    Last edited by Maverick; 15-11-2018 at 09:25 AM.

have to agree the charts showing a possible lower high , which is bearish at the moment. negated if it goes above all time high of 1.23 - 24.

if people want to see what happens when property market goes soft read the aveo agm presentation aog is the code and your get an idea what happens to these retirement stocks when property market turns. a big risk just to be aware off.
    one step ahead of the herd

percy

"Time is the friend of a great company the enemy of a poor company."
    I try to invest in great companies,so I don't have to worrying about daily/weekly/monthly or even yearly share prices.
    I look at the sector the company is in,the directors,the Chair,the CEO,management and directors share holdings,the company's balance sheet,debt,cash flow,do they do what they say they will do,and do they have the capacity to pay increasing dividends.
    OCA pass all my requirements with flying colours.
    I have taken my position, and look forward to enjoying the fruits of my research in years to come.
    Last edited by percy; 15-11-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I try to invest in great companies,so I don't have to worrying about daily/weekly/monthly or even yearly share prices.
    I look at the sector the company is in,the directors,the Chair,the CEO,management and directors share holdings,the company's balance sheet,debt,cash flow,do they do what they say they will do,and do they have the capacity to pay increasing dividends.
    I have taken my position, and look forward to enjoying the fruits of my research in years to come.
    Very well said Percy, my wife and I are both intimately aquainted with this company and I have a rather large holding in it for that very reason, I made the mistake of selling out of RYM and SUM way too early and have no intention of making the same mistake 3 times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Agree 100%. There are many aspects to this company I prefer over the other sector players, only some of which I have shared on here. I don't feel the need to have investments in the other sector players at this point in time. Sometimes diversification within a sector for the sake of it is counter productive and this is one of those occasions in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Agree 100%. There are many aspects to this company I prefer over the other sector players, only some of which I have shared on here. I don't feel the need to have investments in the other sector players at this point in time. Sometimes diversification within a sector for the sake of it is counter productive and this is one of those occasions in my opinion.
    Make sure you hold for years through thick and thin then ......and don’t look at that MA100 line which it is flirting with these days .....in other words don’t let your short/medium term trading habits get the better of you. Keep behaving like an ‘investor’
    Last edited by winner69; 15-11-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Beagles a trader surely. And he pumps the hell out of a stock when buying/selling .Need to trade more to pay more tax. Not for me. I prefer to follow the brokers consensus on this and won't be pumping or spruiking this or buying at these prices. gGving negative feedback esp to baabaas sensible, balanced and reasonable post says it all to me imo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Beagles a trader surely. And he pumps the hell out of a stock when buying/selling .Need to trade more to pay more tax. Not for me. I prefer to follow the brokers consensus on this and won't be pumping or spruiking this or buying at these prices. gGving negative feedback esp to baabaas sensible, balanced and reasonable post says it all to me imo.
    I wouldn't follow any broker consensus, most of them are just coin tossers, your own research and a tuned in Gutometer is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    You're perfectly entitled to your own opinion but as I said yesterday it would be a refreshing change if it was backed up with some well articulated analysis.
    Please by all means put me on your ignore list if you find my posts too irksome for your tastes.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-11-2018 at 12:51 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine