sharetrader
Page 222 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 1221722122182192202212222232242252262322723227221222 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 19574
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You're perfectly entitled to your own opinion but as I said yesterday it would be a refreshing change if it was backed up with some well articulated analysis.
    People that put all their faith in brokers consensus don't do analysis, they like to be spoon fed.Lol

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    People that put all their faith in brokers consensus don't do analysis, they like to be spoon fed.Lol
    Some people obviously come to a share trading forum and take a post as gospel and base their buy sell on that. Good luck with that strategy as well.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You're perfectly entitled to your own opinion but as I said yesterday it would be a refreshing change if it was backed up with some well articulated analysis.
    Please by all means put me on your ignore list if you find my posts too irksome for your tastes.
    I never put anyone on ignore and i cant remember giving negative feedback.

Hot copper removed the thumbs down feedback for a very good reason, including tit for tats, and fighting on the threads. and annoying other posters.

I also have never invited other people to give negative feedback on others as you have done.

I also have no need to feel good about myself with thumbsup or strokes i dont graft for them like some do on here.

I dont need to influence people to feel good about myself

I dont pump the hell out of a stock just because ive bought it or am actually selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I never put anyone on ignore and i cant remember giving negative feedback.

Hot copper removed the thumbs down feedback for a very good reason, including tit for tats, and fighting on the threads. and annoying other posters.

I also have never invited other people to give negative feedback on others as you have done.

I also have no need to feel good about myself with thumbsup or strokes i dont graft for them like some do on here.

I dont need to influence people to feel good about myself

I dont pump the hell out of a stock just because ive bought it or am actually selling it.
    Any chance we could talk on this thread again about OCA?

cheers.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Purr-sonally I still regard it as early days on this one, and have factored in a conservative overall growth rate for the next few years.

Based on that I have a current value of $1.23 and a one year forward value of $1.30.
    The dividends at about 4% make it slightly better than a term deposit but with the added bonus of, hopefully, a long term appreciation in underlying value.

I own as many of these as I am comfortable with at present and I am not looking to add any more.

I also have a similar size holding in ARV, but nothing of the rest.

DYOR
    om mani peme hum

oca pretty much been going side ways last 5 mths if it falls below 1.15. westpac out yesterday saying property will fall after 2020 so these retirement stocks look like they are in the last leg of there up cycle if aus property market is anything to go by and retirement and propert related stocks in aus are being taken to the cleaners.
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    oca pretty much been going side ways last 5 mths if it falls below 1.15. westpac out yesterday saying property will fall after 2020 so these retirement stocks look like they are in the last leg of there up cycle if aus property market is anything to go by and retirement and propert related stocks in aus are being taken to the cleaners.
    Your wrong again trying to compare the Aussie and NZ retirement sectors, last leg of the up cycle for OCA, yeah right, as the song goes its only just begun with this one. PS-OCA is more defensive than RYM and SUM, try to remember that.

Your wrong again trying to compare the Aussie and NZ retirement sectors, last leg of the up cycle for OCA, yeah right, as the song goes its only just begun with this one. PS-OCA is more defensive than RYM and SUM, try to remember that.
    in nz i dont think anyone believes property ever goes down more than a few mths , but when interest rates go up guess we will all find out how it affects everything? due to the last 10yrs of low int rates and nz high debt levels
    Last edited by bull....; 16-11-2018 at 05:54 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    in nz i dont think anyone believes property ever goes down more than a few mths , but when interest rates go up guess we will all find out how it affects everything? due to the last 10yrs of low int rates and nz high debt levels
    OCA has a large care based moat which is driven by need not fluctuating property prices, they have a range of affordable Care suites and Apartments for those selling houses with lower values.
    Last edited by couta1; 16-11-2018 at 06:02 PM.

IMO

Very well said Percy, my wife and I are both intimately aquainted with this company and I have a rather large holding in it for that very reason, I made the mistake of selling out of RYM and SUM way too early and have no intention of making the same mistake 3 times in a row.
    Maybe its time to be transparent and disclose what roles you and your wife play in OCA. You dont have to be concise but i think you owe it to us as you've played that card twice or more in an insider way (knowledge wise). So some clarity on level of management ,thanks.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 16-11-2018 at 06:36 PM.