sharetrader
Page 230 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 1301802202262272282292302312322332342402803307301230 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 19574

This one really does stand a decent chance of doubling in 3 years
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Certainly does.
    Watch where Greg Tomlinson invests.

Mcginty on another thread throws out the possibility of OCA joining the NZX50

As OCA needs all the help it can get to boost its share price a nebelous thing like joining an index could do the trick
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yeah probably an Insto that bought in at the $1.10 placement offloading a few to square the books.
    Cheers for the insight Winner and Couta. Instos book squaring does make sense. What a fascinating industry this all is.So Monday should be business as usual ? Back to 1.15 on open then upwards and onwards towards $1.30 late January after their interim report.
    No. I'm not ramping, don't really mind where the price goes as long as the the business is progressing reasonably on track, I'm definitely here for the long haul.
    Last edited by Maverick; 02-12-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Cheers for the insight Winner and Couta. Instos book squaring does make sense. What a fascinating industry this all is.So Monday should be business as usual ? Back to 1.15 on open then upwards and onwards towards $1.30 late January after their interim report.
    No. I'm not ramping, don't really mind where the price goes as long as the the business is progressing reasonably on track, I'm definitely here for the long haul.
    Yeap, this one is definitely a long term keeper. Compelling fundamental's and we are being paid very well, (I am forecasting at least a 5% gross dividend yield this year, growing from there going forward) while we enjoy the strong growth ahead. I don't recall in my decades of investing too many companies with such strong growth potential trading on such compelling fundamentals and with such an excellent reputation for looking after their customers. Some very nice and committed people work there too. Classic win win all round. Disc: Remains my #1 highest conviction listed investment position and likely to remain so for a very long time.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-12-2018 at 12:56 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Yes im in for the long haul hopefully too. I did a rare thing , expressed an opinion to a friend to buy his FIRST healthcare/retirement prop stock in OCA ( but only because he asked the question), when MAQ sold off. A timely and great addition to his large mainly div based NZ portfolio. I will look to topping up at lower prices but not at current price, want to keep my average entry as low as possible .
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 02-12-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Worth noting that the Macquarie placement of approx. 3 months ago was extremely well supported by institutions and other investors at $1.10. Since then there's been no dividends but 3 months worth of accrued earnings at about ~ 1 cent a month. The current price in my opinion, on an intrinsic basis is almost exactly as compelling as $1.10 was 3 months ago.

IMO

I think if kiwi investors have no exposure to this sector maybe start thinking about averaging in one or more of them over the next year or so.

FWIW, my mindset is that Im probably overexposed in the sector as I have spread my exposure to Australia to AOG which is currently reviewing how to improve the heavily discounted s/p. Multiple potential buyers are running the ruler over it atm. More of a swing trade as opposed to investment ,with more risk ,eg prop bubble higher there and poss govt regulatory changes from the royal commission .

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    ...with more risk ,eg prop bubble higher there and poss govt regulatory changes from the royal commission .
    Not much in it.....NZ has the more overvalued houses according to https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12125648

Also NZ is the fifth most at risk housing market in the OECD for a correction. (Australia is the second most at risk and is already in a correction).

IMO

Cheers Bj for that one.Some areas of Aus are way overvalued and some aren't yet, like Queensland is what ive been reading. Royal Commission final report 2020. Not a recco DYOR.