sharetrader
Page 233 of 1961 FirstFirst ... 1331832232292302312322332342352362372432833337331233 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 19604

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    True I should have said a landed aristocracy is in the process of being born.

It would benefit OCA in the long term for home ownership to remain as widespread as possible so that the potential market for their villages remains is maximised.
    AGREE 100% and AGREE 100% with Mr Baracouta re how value sure can exist within Mr Market.
    OCA holding incredibly well against the headlong retreat. What a beauty she is!--so far.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Actually in this case your wrong, the market doesn't know more than me.Lol
    ...."that's pretty arrogant considering the company your`e in....... I like that in a fighter pilot"... top gun

Totally agree with you Couta, tha market is wrong on this one and you do know more.

Advanced Member

Someone seems desperate to sell out

IMO

Some tiny tunnel vision going on here.You have to include the macro in ones thinking. In the volatility, uncertainty, and declining equities, globally all companies will be affected. i wait patiently to add in the lower $1 and a few cents zone., or even farther .
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 06-12-2018 at 08:17 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Someone seems desperate to sell out
    In the current market volatility there will always be somebody keen to sell no matter which stock your talking about.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Some tiny tunnel vision going on here.You have to include the macro in ones thinking. In the volatility, uncertainty, and declining equities, globally all companies will be affected. i wait patiently to add in the lower $1 and a few cents zone., or even farther .
    I view it differently and did some frantic trades near close today to enable me to buy more.
    Fundamentals have not changed for Oceania-people will continue to get old,downsize and buy into oceania homes .I cannot see a global downturn affecting Oceania.
    I sold a company I thought had peaked and could be affected-or at least had increased risk at their current price.

Niggly question here but anyone with a view of the chances of OCA initiating a DRP?

Quote Originally Posted by petty View Post
    Niggly question here but anyone with a view of the chances of OCA initiating a DRP?
    One note of caution with the retirement sector from someone who works in the health service.
    As part of this years settlement of the DHBs Nurses MECA they agreed to recruit an additional 500 Registered Nurses into the DHBs. The retirement sector already struggles with recruitment and retention of Registered Nurses. The salary diiferential between the two is significant, the Rymans, OCA, Summersets will have no choice but to compete.Many young Registered Nurses, especially from overseas, have no desire to remain in the sector. Careers are on hold until they get a better paid position in the DHBs. Profits will erode. Aged care already is overly dependent on non resident workers on work visas, over 6000 staff.
    As shareholders we need to ensure that Boards can demonstrate a coherent strategy to address this issue, otherwise the days of increasing dividends being delivered to happy shareholders will be seriously at ris.k
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 09-12-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Veteran novice

Half year results will be announced on 25 Jan. Nothing to see here until then.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/328133

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    One note of caution with the retirement sector from someone who works in the health service.
    As part of this years settlement of the DHBs Nurses MECA they agreed to recruit an additional 500 Registered Nurses into the DHBs. The retirement sector already struggles with recruitment and retention of Registered Nurses. The salary diiferential between the two is significant, the Rymans, OCA, Summersets will have no choice but to compete.Many young Registered Nurses, especially from overseas, have no desire to remain in the sector. Careers are on hold until they get a better paid position in the DHBs. Profits will erode. Aged care already is overly dependent on non resident workers on work visas, over 6000 staff.
    As shareholders we need to ensure that Boards can demonstrate a coherent strategy to address this issue, otherwise the days of increasing dividends being delivered to happy shareholders will be seriously at ris.k
    very valid points , also the royal commission into retirement operators in aus may also throw up some stuff which gets adopted here and dont forget the slowing property market
    one step ahead of the herd