sharetrader
Page 241 of 1961 FirstFirst ... 1411912312372382392402412422432442452512913417411241 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 19605

breaking down comment is in reference to overall picture not to a point in time. break down occurred as i said on this thread was if 1.15 didnt hold.
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

As I believe the SP will be around $2.50 in 3 yrs, even a 10c range doesn't matter if your in for the Long haul, I mean it's more important what you sell for eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    depth signals can be mis leading in nz as so much trade is off - market.

glad you didnt fall for the hype on here around those elevated levels pumped up by the people who took the placement to offload into ( my theory anyway )

i dont see anything in the charts to suggest 1.10 is a good buying area , but i could be wrong in hindsight.

1.08 is also a bottom in the ascending channel from when it first listed was also a pivot point in early 2018
    I would have thought that - just from a TA and trading perspective - $1.10 would be a quite significant support area. It is the MA200 (currently between 1.10 and 1.11), it is a round number (markets love that) and it is the price for Macquaries recent sell off. Of course - does not mean that it must hold in case the NZX decides to move into bear territory (currently hovering around the MA200 as well) ... but surprised you missed all of these points
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I would have thought that - just from a TA and trading perspective - $1.10 would be a quite significant support area. It is the MA200 (currently between 1.10 and 1.11), it is a round number (markets love that) and it is the price for Macquaries recent sell off. Of course - does not mean that it must hold in case the NZX decides to move into bear territory (currently hovering around the MA200 as well) ... but surprised you missed all of these points
    Well said mate. Good points. This is an opportunity to acquire a company at a better value price than those that took part in the $1.10 placement about 3.5 months ago.
    Cheaper because on an intrinsic value basis the company has been earning circa 1 cent per month since then and since no dividends have bene paid over that time the value accrual is quite clear. Next dividend due in February 19 which isn't that far away in the grand scheme of things.

Buy OCA for yourself for Christmas...the gift that you give yourself that is going to keep on giving back over and over again over the years ahead
    Might tuck some into the grandkids stocking so too speak in the family trust for their future.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-12-2018 at 01:03 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

are you using a sma 200 or a ema 200 ? both give different readings i have 1.11 as the ema 200 and 1.10 as the sma 200 ? anyway i dont really use 200d m/a in this case as there is not enough price history to make a statistcal conclusion about its effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    are you using a sma 200 or a ema 200 ? both give different readings i have 1.11 as the ema 200 and 1.10 as the sma 200 ? anyway i dont really use 200d m/a in this case as there is not enough price history to make a statistcal conclusion about its effectiveness.
    Typically using the EMA but considering both. There is no point in relying on the "supreme" EMA as long as the market uses both of them (but I think more people use the SMA200). As we all know - market is always right ;

However - in this case is this question for me anyway academical. I tend to use the EMAs (not just the 200) for some stocks where I feel that the market went ahead of itself as stop loss, but do not intend to sell OCA ... unless the fundamentals change (which I don't see - yet).

Did the same (holding) with SUM in 2017 when the stock was below the EMA200 and got nicely rewarded. Sold however out earlier this year when it looked more and more likely that they might have problems reaching their sales numbers. But this is for some other thread.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Typically using the EMA but considering both. There is no point in relying on the "supreme" EMA as long as the market uses both of them (but I think more people use the SMA200). As we all know - market is always right ;

However - in this case is this question for me anyway academical. I tend to use the EMAs (not just the 200) for some stocks where I feel that the market went ahead of itself as stop loss, but do not intend to sell OCA ... unless the fundamentals change (which I don't see - yet).

Did the same (holding) with SUM in 2017 when the stock was below the EMA200 and got nicely rewarded. Sold however out earlier this year when it looked more and more likely that they might have problems reaching their sales numbers. But this is for some other thread.
    good points being one should use a combination of fa/ta. it amazes me how many people dont even use just a basic chart to see the trend of what the market thinks of a stock.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    As I believe the SP will be around $2.50 in 3 yrs, even a 10c range doesn't matter if your in for the Long haul, I mean it's more important what you sell for eventually.
    All good Couta, each to his/her own.

I too am v much a long term investor, however, I have learned from bitter experience that once you have a 'high conviction' purchase, it is best to spread your purchases over time as few of us can accurately and consistently pick the bottoms.

If your horizon is 'long term' why rush in and buy all your OCA at 1.20 or 1.18? Best to use dollar cost averaging to squeeze out the 'best' 'average' price over time by buying in increments (particularly when the Trend is not yet your friend or uncertain and the total market situation is volatile - as it is with OCA.)

I remember the lessons learned buying XRO - do you?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    All good Couta, each to his/her own.

I too am v much a long term investor, however, I have learned from bitter experience that once you have a 'high conviction' purchase, it is best to spread your purchases over time as few of us can accurately and consistently pick the bottoms.

If your horizon is 'long term' why rush in and buy all your OCA at 1.20 or 1.18? Best to use dollar cost averaging to squeeze out the 'best' 'average' price over time by buying in increments (particularly when the Trend is not yet your friend or uncertain and the total market situation is volatile - as it is with OCA.)

I remember the lessons learned buying XRO - do you?
    Umm I've bought OCA from 97c-$1.21, the point I was trying to make is your sale price at the other end can make a lot more difference than 10c or so at the buy end.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Umm I've bought OCA from 97c-$1.21, the point I was trying to make is your sale price at the other end can make a lot more difference than 10c or so at the buy end.
    All cool Couta... I was under the mistaken impression that your av purchase price was around $1.21. Great that you actually have a lower average purchase price.

And yes I do appreciate that in 5 yrs today's SP might not matter much, but in the meantime it is nice to minimise the red ink.