sharetrader
Page 247 of 1964 FirstFirst ... 1471972372432442452462472482492502512572973477471247 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 19631
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    fair value is what the market decides obviously not around these levels , breaking down thru uptrend from when first listed now and the 1.08 didnt provide much support. next pivot support is 1 dollar also a 50% retracement level. 1.04 before then?
    Fair value cannot be determined during the extremes of market movements(In this case an extreme downward movement) Fair value can only be determined by concrete balance sheet facts not the ever changing sentiment of a fickle/fear driven market no matter which extreme it runs to.

fair value is what the market decides obviously not around these levels , breaking down thru uptrend from when first listed now and the 1.08 didnt provide much support. next pivot support is 1 dollar also a 50% retracement level. 1.04 before then?
    Time to transfer money into the trading account and pick some more up.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Time to transfer money into the trading account and pick some more up.
    at what price ? the way its going maybe something is seriuosly wrong.

perhaps not enough clients dying quick enough?
    one step ahead of the herd

Handsome Member

But will they die fast enough in the next 20 years....

We'll was going to buy at $1.12 till my money got lost in transit with the Direct Broking change. So anything less I'm still in the money.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    $1.07 keep waiting people even though it is tempting. Maybe insider knowledge. If news is bad we have a leaky boat in this business
    Mr Market hearing the good news about ARV? Still rock solid at $1.30
    Just don't want to talk about it too much as the more talking = the bigger drop, eg OCA today

B/S - and I am pretty sure you know it. Whats happening with OCA's SP has nothing to do with OCA's performance. Nothing changed there since a month ago, a week ago or since yesterday. Same as with the other 87 NZX stocks who are dropping today.

People are afraid of a bear market and selling out - on this stock as well as on many others. And yes, some merchants of fear enjoy themselves by stirring the angst.

There are only two relevant questions:

a) are we moving into a bear (I think the answer is currently something like 50/50) and
    b) how much will a company like OCA be impacted if the market does the Full Monty?
    To that question ... I think the answer will be lots. Ryman dropped during the GFC more than 50%, though OCA might be a bit more resiliant (less property andmore care). But consider the alternative - if you keep cash and your bank goes bust you lose 100%.

Bull... , I really think, you should start worrying more about the safety of your cash reserves. If they all go bust it won't be you having the last lough.

But hey - the sun goes up tomorrow, the FED might reduce interest rates instead of rising them (and I think they could defend that) and currently might be just one of these buying opportunities.

Discl: hold OCA, hold lots of them and am still nicely in the black ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    B/S - and I am pretty sure you know it. Whats happening with OCA's SP has nothing to do with OCA's performance. Nothing changed there since a month ago, a week ago or since yesterday. Same as with the other 87 NZX stocks who are dropping today.

People are afraid of a bear market and selling out - on this stock as well as on many others. And yes, some merchants of fear enjoy themselves by stirring the angst.

There are only two relevant questions:

a) are we moving into a bear (I think the answer is currently something like 50/50) and
    b) how much will a company like OCA be impacted if the market does the Full Monty?
    To that question ... I think the answer will be lots. Ryman dropped during the GFC more than 50%, though OCA might be a bit more resiliant (less property andmore care). But consider the alternative - if you keep cash and your bank goes bust you lose 100%.

Bull... , I really think, you should start worrying more about the safety of your cash reserves. If they all go bust it won't be you having the last lough.

But hey - the sun goes up tomorrow, the FED might reduce interest rates instead of rising them (and I think they could defend that) and currently might be just one of these buying opportunities.

Discl: hold OCA, hold lots of them and am still nicely in the black ;
    rubbish bp and you know it , theres plenty of stocks on the nzx holding there ground or even going up.

as far as my guess on deaths are down how would you know thats not the case have you been counting the hearses leaving? so your more informed than my guess

rubbish bp and you know it , theres plenty of stocks on the nzx holding there ground or even going up.

as far as my guess on deaths are down how would you know thats not the case have you been counting the hearses leaving? so your more informed than my guess
    Pretty tasteless comment ...

But no - I have seen no information that the market conditions materially changed. Have you?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Pretty tasteless comment ...

But no - I have seen no information that the market conditions materially changed. Have you?
    well no thats the cold hard truth that retirement business models are mainly about resales and that means people dying or leaving. so if people live longer than there forecasted model resales will be down