sharetrader
Page 255 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 1552052452512522532542552562572582592653053557551255 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 19415

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Hmm I appear to have been bitten by the top up bug and OCA is now my largest holding... I must confess to feeling a tad anxious about this when a Bear with sharp claws, no relative of mine, may be on its way if not already here and some are saying cash is king...
    This is my top pick for 2019...so if one were to choose one share to have an oversized allocation, I believe this is the one ! (But as much as the value screams at me I will stick to my fundmental somewhat conservative asset allocation strategies because they give me a bit of peace of mind in these volatile times).
    I guess as you get a bit older one learns that peace of mind is also a valuable commodity
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-12-2018 at 08:34 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Hmm I appear to have been bitten by the top up bug and OCA is now my largest holding... I must confess to feeling a tad anxious about this when a Bear with sharp claws, no relative of mine, may be on its way if not already here and some are saying cash is king...
    Forget about that other Bear, this is a 5 year plus wet and forget hold, anything else is just temporary noise.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Forget about that other Bear, this is a 5 year plus wet and forget hold, anything else is just temporary noise.
    Agreed, filter it out all temporary noises, looked in to your bottom drawer for 4+ years, in meantime enjoy 5+% divi in coming years...... patience is your reward....

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Many thanks Mr Beagle, Couta and dr for your posts, much appreciated.

Merry Christmas to you all

And to you mate and all.

So the record reveals it ended dead flat on the year after starting at $1.05.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    And to you mate and all.

So the record reveals it ended dead flat on the year after starting at $1.05.
    There's next week ...might go to 110 plus if a few brokers pick it in their Top 5 Picks in The Herald
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    There's next week ...might go to 110 plus if a few brokers pick it in their Top 5 Picks in The Herald
    Hope springs eternal. Suppose at least we got 4.7 cents in dividends this year so that's a 4.5% return and represents an outperformance vs the NZX50.
    Looking at the scorecard for the year we have the ranking as follows
    SUM
    OCA
    RYM
    ARV
    MET

Looking forward if OCA pays 6 cps this coming year, up 28% from 2018 its on a yield of 5.7%.
    Next divvy due is late February which isn't all that far away. I'm expecting something like 2.5 - 3.0 cps up from 2.1 cps last year.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-12-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Guru

Hope springs eternal. Suppose at least we got 4.7 cents in dividends this year so that's a 4.5% return and represents an outperformance vs the NZX50.
    SUM
    OCA
    RYM
    ARV
    MET

Looking forward if OCA pays 6 cps this coming year, up 28% from 2018 its on a yield of 5.7%.
    Next divvy due is late February which isn't all that far away. I'm expecting something like 2.5 - 3.0 cps up from 2.1 cps last year.
    Wow that must be close, I have OCA at 4.5% return and ARV at 4.2% total return (haven't looked at sum others like RYM - which must be somewhere in between that 0.3% gap?)... Funny how OCA and ARV started out at the same price they are today ($1.05 and $1.27 respectively on Jan 1) so the only difference is in the dividend... boy, they really both are dogs ain't they.

No worries, ARV should be back to 2nd on the list once its share price reverts back to the rock solid mark of $1.30 first thing Monday morning.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 21-12-2018 at 08:12 PM.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

SUM
    OCA
    RYM
    ARV
    MET

Some nice hopefull numbers there Beagle. It's good to get back to the business fundamentals looking so strong amongst the noise and attention of the global heavy selling.
    I did a few numbers to add to yours.
    All retirement stocks were at their peaks just short of 3 months ago. Between then and now they have all fallen by the following(dividend adjusted);
    MET 20%
    RYM 19%
    SUM 16%
    OCA 14%
    ARV 2%
    (FYI the Dow jones has fallen 15%over the same period)
    So obviously ARV is the stand out winner here.My thoughts are that ARV had a report about a month ago which underpinned its actual business performance therefore underscoring the value of the share price.
    Extrapolating that, then OCA should refloat to about $1.15-1.18 if it's results are equally as good. I personally believe they will be excellent.
    Despite the current sell off, the company expansion and dividends are continuing as the juganaut it is. I'm off to bed to sleep very soundly.
    Last edited by Maverick; 22-12-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Wow that must be close, I have OCA at 4.5% return and ARV at 4.2% total return (haven't looked at sum others like RYM - which must be somewhere in between that 0.3% gap?)... Funny how OCA and ARV started out at the same price they are today ($1.05 and $1.27 respectively on Jan 1) so the only difference is in the dividend... boy, they really both are dogs ain't they.

No worries, ARV should be back to 2nd on the list once its share price reverts back to the rock solid mark of $1.30 first thing Monday morning.
    ARV back to $1.28, not quite the rock solid mark, but not down like sum others OCA down to $1.04... so ARV and OCA have swapped positions? Will be interesting to see where things sit at years end... wouldn't it be embarrassing for that dog ol' ARV to beat the famed RYM and the premium-plus OCA, perhaps more horrifying is that it wouldn't be the first year it beat RYM either... in fact ARV will likely only be points behind the can-only-go-up SUM

In other news, I topped up on more OCA today at $1.04, already overweight in ARV
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 24-12-2018 at 11:29 AM.