sharetrader
Page 256 of 1973 FirstFirst ... 1562062462522532542552562572582592602663063567561256 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 19727
    Veteran novice

What a strange post, t j.

What's your rationale for topping up on the "premium-plus" OCA? Or is it a case of hedging bets?

Guru

I topped up on ARV in March (at $1.19) and OCA now (at $1.04) - in both cases, I brought about a month or two out from a results announcement (in anticipation of good things)... After starting the year dropping, ARV started rising into annual result ($1.16 was as low as it got for ARV - has hovered around the $1.30 mark ever since that low point - whilst paying out over 4c in dividends). I'd like to think the downtrend, which has certainly been more pronouced and rapid than that of the ARV trend early this year, is now mostly over and the share price will at least hold going into half year results, before rebounding further after - market headwinds will obviously impact things, as it has for ARV (post annual results announcement it really should be $1.40+!)

OCA has smaller villages than any other listed operator, but most of them offer a premium offering - often unrivaled in location or at least service (offering/continuum of care) in that area. ARV and OCA are surprisingly similar - and as I have said for many years with ARV, the continuum of care component will become increasingly important going forward - I believe sum others are now racing to catch up in the care division, and finding it a bit harder than anticipated. Anyhow, with ARV stagnate at $1.30 ish and OCA at $1.20 ish, ARV was the better bet (in my view), but given ARV has done what it has done best for the past near 2 years - go virtually nowhere - and OCA has dropped significantly since then, OCA was the one I was happy to top up on the 24th of December.

There is no doubt, at the low $1 mark, OCA is the best bang for buck. I am sure you have all not forgotten I have been with OCA since day 1 (quite literally - brought at 82c on the first day of the IPO after missing out in the 79c offer price - a price I was first to mention on here)

OCA... (hopefully) the christmas gift that keeps on giving! Merry Christmas to all.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 25-12-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Cool ...the much revered Hamilton Hinden Greene have OCA in their Top 5 Brokers picks (NZ Herald)

Great stock pickers these guys I’m told

Should get the price over 110 again in the next week or so as mum and dads buy when the market has low volume
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

They didn't do so well with their 2018 picks, under performing the market by 20%. What am I missing?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    They didn't do so well with their 2018 picks, under performing the market by 20%. What am I missing?
    I think 2018 was their best ever year....

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think 2018 was their best ever year....
    And with OCA as well as ATM 2019 will see them be stars.

Didn’t they rubbish A2 recently ...and now pick it.
    Last edited by winner69; 26-12-2018 at 01:22 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    And with OCA as well as ATM 2019 will see them be stars.

Didn’t they rubbish A2 recently ...and now pick it.
    Sounds a certain ST poster?
    I suppose the law of averages means they will get one right,and I expect it will be OCA.!

W69.New Year's good deed.Would you please let us know your neighbours bowling club mates' picks.
    Last edited by percy; 26-12-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Sounds a certain ST poster?
    I suppose the law of averages means they will get one right,and I expect it will be OCA.!

W69.New Year's good deed.Would you please let us know your neighbours bowling club mates' picks.
    OK will do and will enter them in the comp for them

IMO

Is it Wellington Bowling Club, Tanera Crescent Brooklyn? If so lets have them enter themselves and get them on the threads, give them their own voices, more the merrier.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 26-12-2018 at 02:33 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Is it Wellington Bowling Club, Tanera Crescent Brooklyn? If so lets have them enter themselves and get them on the threads, give them their own voices, more the merrier.
    Surely the standard of posting is lower enough already.?......................lol.
    Last edited by percy; 26-12-2018 at 03:04 PM.