sharetrader
Page 257 of 1971 FirstFirst ... 1572072472532542552562572582592602612673073577571257 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 19704
    Advanced Member

I think OCA will outperform the market, but that could well be $1.10-$1.20

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I think OCA will outperform the market, but that could well be $1.10-$1.20
    Interesting that no broker picked SUM RYM or MET despite the latter trading at a 25% discount to NTA. Business model for them to come under a little pressure in 2019 ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Interesting that no broker picked SUM RYM or MET despite the latter trading at a 25% discount to NTA. Business model for them to come under a little pressure in 2019 ?
    Sector not wanted by the brokers

OCA picked by who has turned out not to be the revered broker as I thought (and even you Beagle had some pretty derogoraty comments about them re A2 didn't yu?) and Forbar keep their commitment to Arvida being the house broker / promoter

Message in all that I think
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

OCA picked by who has turned out not to be the revered broker as I thought (and even you Beagle had some pretty derogoraty comments about them re A2 didn't yu?) and Forbar keep their commitment to Arvida being the house broker / promoter

I've had plenty to say about Forbar over the years and none of it has been complementary. House poodle for ARV so I suppose they had to choose that one. This year will be different for HHG and will be OCA's year. All those others brokers don't know what Coutts, Maverick, I and many of us others do...OCA's business model...you can't lose !
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-12-2018 at 06:39 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

ARV, the stock that outperformed the index by over 2x and is currently sitting 2nd of the 5 listed healthcare stocks, performed admirably compared to 40% of the stocks forsyth picked in 2018, but you're right winner, they have to promote ARV don't they... even more worrying is the guys who managed to loose the most (20% under performance!!) have picked OCA as one of their picks... lets hope this year they don't (again) live up to the saying brokers only make you broker.

But hey, no worries, could be worse... OCA could have been like HGH and not been mentioned anywhere by anyone
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 26-12-2018 at 07:23 PM.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Surely the standard of posting is lower enough already.?......................lol.
    Dont knock Imaginary friends, they have a voice too

Advanced Member

Seems astonishing to me OCA & other retirement stocks so unloved at moment (esp in this environment when such a defensive share with good div) & wondering if it's been affected by a faulty sense of contagion from drop in Aust housing market. After all OCA (& others) hold significant property assets. However, although much but not all of the Auckland market is pretty flat at the moment, there's been very healthy rises in property values around the regions where OCA also has assets.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 27-12-2018 at 01:37 PM.

IMO

Oceania putting ceiling track hoists in Tauranga, a far superior system, just hope they dont reduce staff anymore, they are stressed out enough as it is.

Why facilities are moving towards ceiling hoists | INsiteinsitemagazine.co.nz/2017/05/11/why-facilities-are-moving-towards-ceiling-hoists/

I think that the weakness in retirement shares is reflective of a possible decline in property prices which means people are tending to shy away

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by rainey View Post
    I think that the weakness in retirement shares is reflective of a possible decline in property prices which means people are tending to shy away
    That decline in property prices is pretty well restricted to Auckland. The rest of the country is still climbing nicely.