sharetrader
Page 295 of 1961 FirstFirst ... 1952452852912922932942952962972982993053453957951295 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 19604

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    guess none of you understand how things get reclassified or redetermind in regard to tax. as i said ird is looking into this
    Been an accountant for 37 years mate....What would I know eh... Maybe you should hibernate like all good bears do for 6 months...its getting very tiresome believe me.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Yeah right ... you started with claiming CGT will bite the retirement sector and now it is a mysterious new tax somebody you claim to know might have heard about in a webinar provided by whom?

If you stand in a hole, you better stop digging.
    cgt or new determination by ird its all the same. they didnt might have heard it was stated they are looking into the tax treatment of leases
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Been an accountant for 37 years mate....What would I know eh... Maybe you should hibernate like all good bears do for 6 months...its getting very tiresome believe me.
    then you would know about the ird looking into the tax treatment of leases? wouldnt you

then you would know about the ird looking into the tax treatment of leases? wouldnt you
    Have you ever heard of binding rulings ? RYM got a binding ruling that the ORA's are subject to the provisions of the financial arrangements within the Income Tax Act.
    I think you're just being a fearmonger and not just on this thread. Take a break mate...my sense is things are getting you down and you're getting more and more myopic vision. "To a hammer, everything is a nail"...think about it.

Cindy's Kindy won't have the numbers to run with a CGT and even if they do they'll be thrown out at the next election before its implemented...mark my words.
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-01-2019 at 10:43 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Have you ever heard of binding rulings ? RYM got a binding ruling that the ORA's are subject to the provisions of the financial arrangements within the Income Tax Act.
    I think you're just being a fearmonger and not just on this thread. Take a break mate...my sense is things are getting you down and you're getting more and more myopic vision. "To a hammer, everything is a nail"...think about it.

Cindy's Kindy won't have the numbers to run with a CGT and even if they do they'll be thrown out at the next election before its implemented...mark my words.
    you know beagle its only binding until legislation changes it. so under labour it is a risk going forward

cgt or new determination by ird its all the same. they didnt might have heard it was stated they are looking into the tax treatment of leases
    Hmm - your statements do not instil confidence you know what you are talking about ... but no doubt that our current government is working on an endless number of new ideas how to milk all of us still more ... I guess that's all Labour is about, isn't it?

However - you failed to explain how any changes in the tax treatment for leases would be bad for retirement villages. Lets assume for a moment they introduce a CGT as well as a tax on rents and leases - how would this be a problem for the retirement sector? I guess everybody needs to live somewhere and if the government decides to make this less affordable be it by inventing a CGT (must be also on the family home, otherwise why would they tax a lease on your family home) or by taxing leases or rents than this is clearly bad for each of us, but not for a specific accommodation sector.

It just would mean that people have less money to do other things - or they need to move under the next bridge. Lets hope for everybodys sake that your friend didn't hear as well in this secret webinar from an anonymous provider about this new bridge tax applicable for anybody who wants to sleep under them. Did he?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Hmm - your statements do not instil confidence you know what you are talking about ... but no doubt that our current government is working on an endless number of new ideas how to milk all of us still more ... I guess that's all Labour is about, isn't it?

However - you failed to explain how any changes in the tax treatment for leases would be bad for retirement villages. Lets assume for a moment they introduce a CGT as well as a tax on rents and leases - how would this be a problem for the retirement sector? I guess everybody needs to live somewhere and if the government decides to make this less affordable be it by inventing a CGT (must be also on the family home, otherwise why would they tax a lease on your family home) or by taxing leases or rents than this is clearly bad for each of us, but not for a specific accommodation sector.

It just would mean that people have less money to do other things - or they need to move under the next bridge. Lets hope for everybodys sake that your friend didn't hear as well in this secret webinar from an anonymous provider about this new bridge tax applicable for anybody who wants to sleep under them. Did he?
    Classic

price waterhouse anyway ive out of time on the matter yourve a heads up

you know beagle its only binding until legislation changes it. so under labour it is a risk going forward
    You do know how long it takes to pass legislation? And the first thing you need is numbers. Anyone who think Labour / nz First and the Greens could agree on a CGT is bonkers. And when I do see that pig fly past my window I know it will be a sign that Labour is about to be voted out.

Worry about what we know and what can be changed. Its a joyless life worrying about the unknown.

Advanced Member

I am not too worried about Justinfa Oneterm CGT Labour policy.
    Last edited by see weed; 31-01-2019 at 11:34 AM.