sharetrader
Page 3 of 1942 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast
    Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    http://www.afr.com/street-talk/macqu...0160503-gokwys

Out from aussie about what is happening with these.. doesn't look like an IPO (unfortunately)
    Hey TJ is it unfortunate because you love the sector and want a second horse in the same race or that it would be a benchmark for better measuring Arvida against?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    Hey TJ is it unfortunate because you love the sector and want a second horse in the same race or that it would be a benchmark for better measuring Arvida against?
    Bit of both to be honest...

Guru

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11801193

"Rumoured IPOs this year included... Oceania Healthcare..."

Guru

http://www.afr.com/street-talk/macqu...0170223-gujjuz

Key take aways
    "It's expected to tell fund managers that the company's earnings were worth $NZ47 million in the 2016 financial year, which was up from $NZ29 million a year earlier."

"... company requiring capital to fund its brownfield development pipeline of about 1000 units."

Perhaps most interesting (and surprising?)
    "Fund managers are expected to compare it to the already listed Summerset Group Holdings, which has a $1.04 billion market capitalisation and investors including Cooper Investors and Harbour Asset Management." must be expecting similar growth maybe?

Veteran novice

Those reports again!

From the Herald:

"Making waves again

Market sources say Kiwi aged-care operator Oceania Healthcare is being spruiked around the investment industry again as it tries to talk up interest in a sharemarket float.

This time last year Oceania chief executive Earl Gasparich downplayed chatter in the Australian Financial Review's Street Talk column that Oceania was expected to front potential buyers with its owner Macquarie Capital in tow.

Gasparich told BusinessDesk the AFR story was "just speculative - there's no substance to it at all".

But he did say a listing could be on the cards in the future in another year or so.

"We still need to recapitalise at some stage, but we need to get this year behind us then forecast forward for another year," Gasparich said.

"It would be potentially on the cards after that, but at the moment, we're focusing on the business itself."

The company is said to be targeting a dual New Zealand and Australian listing but so far interest from Australia appears to be muted.

According to the AFR at the one of the Sydney briefings by the company just two people were said to have turned up.

The AFR said there was a view in the market that the business is a New Zealand one and carries no relevance to Australian investors.

According to its website Oceania has 49 locations in New Zealand including 25 retirement villages with around 3000 care rooms and around 1000 independent living villas and apartments"

Banned

Getting listed is one thing,but for this company to succeed once listed will require a total restructure at the top end along with a severe pruning of dead wood, also at the top end.

IMO

I seem to remember that you said something familiar/similar about ARV citing your knowledge of the industry working in it in some capacity and yet the runt has excelled in performance thrashing the incumbents.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I seem to remember that you said something familiar/similar about ARV citing your knowledge of the industry working in it in some capacity and yet the runt has excelled in performance thrashing the incumbents.
    Yes... couta1 I am not quite sure what you mean... are you talking about administration and integration issues that was often mentioned as a key reason not to invest in ARV? (which, to date, over 2 years after the IPO, seems to have been no issue)

It is funny reading back in along the first 10ish pages of the thread... the talk of 'taking the dividend carrot with a grain of salt', talk of All Blacks as a reason to invest (or not - I think they have all sold out now), questions about whether ARV management wanted good growth (although the prospectus would indicate so - and the chairman I believe has a large number of SUM shares), I also think Chris Lee hated (if I can use this word) ARV, yet loved Wynyard?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Your wrong, I never commented on the management structure at ARV, only that I preferred the Rym and Sum model. Trader Jackson I'm talking about the top heavy structure that needs new blood once it becomes a listed company, but Mum's the word on any further detail.

IMO

You're not alone with ARV couta ; pretty well everyone got it wrong including Chris Lee , except trader jackson who has done very well out of it and shared his research and reasons why..Im not sure why its thrashed the big boys or if Oceana can repeat its success. Care to comment on where ARV outperformed the incumbents, on the ARV thread?