sharetrader
Page 316 of 1964 FirstFirst ... 2162663063123133143153163173183193203263664168161316 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 19631

Their debt level is very modest and is in line with their business model which is being executed in a well controlled and disiplined manner.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Default I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Their debt level is very modest and is in line with their business model which is being executed in a well controlled and disciplined manner.
    I agree 100% with Mr Beagle.
    But I would say OCA has cash flow that, over a lifetime in small business, I could only DREAM about. And the Bricks and Mortar assets are well over 1 billion. (As against what assets a current NZ company selling at over $12 has???). I recommend a visit (as I have to 3 OCA care villages to see if I should invest) to see the scope and class of new builds. Also drop in, as I have, to a dance or music class with OCA residents (many of these folks are very very infirm) but the OCA dance/music classes I attended were exceptional and the residents love them.
    Hard times ? OK lets discuss that. Yes a fall in house prices is possible but a tidal wave of $1475 a week care patients will see the vital cash flow in. Yippee for Aged Care funding from Central Government but --yes--It will require careful cost control.

At $1.09 what a gorgeous stock yielding, what, 4.35% already. Oh, I do believe a nice big cash sum has slipped into my bank account today. Keep up the good work Liz and a very firm hand on our Company.
    Last edited by warren; 18-02-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Resident loans are pretty safe bet - unless you foresee all residents to pack their suitcases and leave all at once without any new residents moving in - yeah right ...
    I thought the departing resident only got paid out when the property was re-leased ?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I thought the departing resident only got paid out when the property was re-leased ?
    Some retirement villages pay out 6 months after departure even if it is not onsold, but not sure about OCA. But yes, the risk for the village provider is pretty low.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    But I would say OCA has cash flow that, over a lifetime in small business, I could only DREAM about. Oh, I do believe a nice big cash sum has slipped into my bank account today. Keep up the good work Liz and a very firm hand on our Company.
    Yes, likewise...some clients take many months to pay their bills. To your last point, a nice reminder arrived in regard to that point with the hard copy of the interim accounts that arrived today. Notes to the accounts 2.1 page 23 "The Group's chief operating decision-maker is the Board of Directors". (many of whom like Liz Coutts have a significant stake in the company).There's nothing quite like Directors who have some serious skin in the game to keep them sharp and highly motivated.
    Speaking of cash flow...yes a tidy sum arrived into my account earlier today, my thanks to OCA's hard working team.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-02-2019 at 02:30 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Speaking of cash flow...yes a tidy sum arrived into my account earlier today, my thanks to OCA's hard working team.
    Just checked and more loot in the my bank. Nice!. But more importantly SP back up to $1.10 so shares are at Break even and the divi is cream on the top. (unlike a couple of my other mutts where divi is at the expense of SP)

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    FNZC saying likes of RYM, SUM etc need to be more transparent around their debt levels and leverage in general and should be stating exposure and impacts they have to declining property prices.

OCA have just under $600m of debt ($206m Bank / $283m from residents) and shareholder equity of $540m......with $804m of investment properties to back that up.

Maybe it’s good FNZC are raising this subject
    From interim accounts, total assets $1,208m of which $357m is classified as property plant and equipment and is actually care suites and the associated land thereon, see note 3.3 in the accounts. So external bank borrowings of just $206.9m against total assets of $1,208m...I'll bet the bank are really trembling in their boots lol

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Some retirement villages pay out 6 months after departure even if it is not onsold, but not sure about OCA. But yes, the risk for the village provider is pretty low.
    A lot depends on the contract you have with them.
    My mother's unit years ago did not sell.The owners apologised,however my brother focussed their attention by reminding them,that according to the terms of the contract, they had to pay out after 6 months whether the unit was sold or not. [Their problem].

Default Hi Folks ----- Tax Review Working Group ??

Knowledgeable posters Beagle and Baraccuta et al,
    anything in the tax review working group suggestions that interests/effects our Company (OCA) ?

I haven't had the time or inclination to read their report in detail. Lets see what the Govt actually decides to run with, (announcement sometime in April) and go from there.
    Its all subject to Labour winning the next election anyway and I think they're going to shoot themselves in the foot as any Labour supporter with any level of assets will probably become a swing voter and National supporters will stay being exactly that. What Winston Peter's does will be keep us all guessing right up to the last minute as usual, assuming he doesn't retire.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-02-2019 at 06:10 PM.