sharetrader
Page 336 of 1970 FirstFirst ... 2362863263323333343353363373383393403463864368361336 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 19694
    Banned

There are heaps of shares floating around other than Maccas available for sale, Maccas next offload will be a formal placement like the last one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I don't think there is any evidence or indication that MacQuarie is selling their shares into a weak market ... If they would, they would need to issue SSH notices for every 1% they sell.

If (and I think this is a big IF) anybody is playing games, than it is more likely big institutions who want to keep the price for the next placement low.

But than - why don't we just accept the price as it is? Markets are filled with thousands and thousands of irrational beings called humans. Why would we than expect the market as a whole to be rational? As well - why would we want them to be rational? If they would than there hardly would be any opportunity to drive a bargain on the share market - wouldn't it?

A successful investor would recognise and exploit such opportunities offered by an irrational market and have afterwards the patience to wait until the market realises its folly ;

Obviously - the markets might as well be right - in this case OCA shareholders would sit on a (roughly) $1 share producing a nearly 5% dividend. Now - how terrible would that be? ;

Discl: holding a large parcel ... and in the black ;

wow...5% yield....that is almost the same with Utility sector, GEN, MEL and MCY...wonder holders over Utility sector will move some of their fund here....

percy

Maybe they will once OCA's divie is fully imputed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Maybe they will once OCA's divie is fully imputed.
    Well..at the moment AIR and HLG are the top yield .....

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    More risk means a higher reward ... but don't forget TRA as top dividend payer - I think they pay the highest dividend on the NZX .. never mind the 20% or so capital depreciation per year since 2017.

My OCA shares in contrast paid a nice divvie and went up over the last 2 years by an average of 13% per year! Thats including dividend nearly 18% yield per year!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Personally I have quite a mix of shares. So I wouldn't be saying this or that. I'd have some of everything.
    And as I've said before, when something heads south...well....it only affects a small portion of my portfolio.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Personally I have quite a mix of shares. So I wouldn't be saying this or that. I'd have some of everything.
    And as I've said before, when something heads south...well....it only affects a small portion of my portfolio.
    Sounds like the way to go.

Macquarie have managed to sell the port in Poland, so this is the last big asset for some of the infrastructure trusts that they are winding up.

Heard a good advertisement on the radio this morning for Oceania's beachfront retirement living at "The Sands" in Browns Bay. Ready to move in, in May sounded good. Must be on time and on budget and selling up a storm. How cool is it to retire right on the beach with north facing sunny sea views knowing you have the very best of care when you need it in the future ?

My sense is this company has been beaten up pretty harshly on the market. Lets not forget it has the feel good factor with residents getting first class care and shareholders getting a ~ 4.5% yield that will grow nicely in the future.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-04-2019 at 10:38 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Heard a good advertisement on the radio this morning for Oceania's beachfront retirement living at "The Sands" in Browns Bay. Ready to move in, in May sounded good. Must be on time and on budget and selling up a storm. How cool is it to retire right on the beach with north facing sunny sea views knowing you have the very best of care when you need it in the future ?

My sense is this company has been beaten up pretty harshly on the market. Lets not forget it has the feel good factor with residents getting first class care and shareholders getting a ~ 4.5% yield that will grow nicely in the future.
    Exactly my own observations with a loved infirm relative --superb facilities (will cost you but so does a house at Millbrook), superb independence of a much loved parent towards the end of life, superb care and a superb feeling we did our best.
    $1.10 a share ----geeeeez what a bargain